Enclosure for my spotted python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From previous experience the stain is best applied with one of those cheap looking foam rollers, it gets in all the timber, usually I stain around an inch or 2, where the enclosure will be hard to get to but it is not a must. just have to bruch in the corners.
But your set up is coming along really well.

Making progress!

Finally had some time over easter to do a little more on the little guy's future enclosure!

Final carve of the polystyrene:
unrendered.jpg

First coat:
first coat in position.jpg

Texture after the 2nd:
2nd coat texture.jpg

My girlfriend wearing a spotted bracelet:
spotted bracelet.jpg

I put the first coat on reasonably thin, just trying to cover absolutely everything. The next coat was super thick and I put it down a nice and heavy. I can’t believe how strong it is now! I might do a thinner 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] coat and try to smooth it off a little, the surface is very coarse now. Will help the little guy shed I hope ;) Really happy with how it's come up so far. Will give the ol' warhammer paint job a crack too, see how realistic I can get it.

Attachments

• spotted bracelet.jpg
    spotted bracelet.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Once I figure out how to get these pictures up properly, I'll post some progress. This forum seems very fussy about how you upload pics!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It's been too long, here's a finished pic

photo (1).jpg
And this is how it came up! LED lighting above the window (that I need to dim, it's a bit bright) and Mr Fluffy exploring the cave. He just shed today too! I have a funny feeling Mr Fluffy is actually Mrs Fluffy, but that's another story. Starting to get big now, time to up the feed size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back