Albino Darwin Carpet Python vs Green Tree Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Non of the GTPs are very hands on snakes but at least the natives don't savage you like this little darling (on of my 3 stooges). Normally natives don't even bite in defence. Even after dark, once they realise that no food is coming, they are easy to pick up and handle.

This is my nasty mongrel:
i-r8GbG8C-L.jpg

reminds me of a girl i used to go out with !!
although, i dare say her fang's & mouth were certainly bigger ............lol

Get the 2 in 1 deal...

albino.jpg

You just need 60k and your off. lol

60k ???
Gee i did get a bargin then....................

both are fantastic snakes. my suggestion is a pair of each..

It really comes down to each individual keeper
what THEY would rather own
what THEY like the look of most
what characteristics THEY like the most
so what your saying rather then puting threads like this - and what to name my reptile threads THEY should decide on what THEY want ? :) :)

so what your saying rather then puting threads like this - and what to name my reptile threads THEY should decide on what THEY want ? :) :)

I think that is your interpretation Mr Troll.

I'm not sure he was trolling JJ. I think he was just making the point that these threads are on the same level as "name my reptile" threads because, in the end, it's the individual's choice and not that of the community.

Nobody has mentioned experience level yet? I guess Michael could best explain since you seem to be one of the biggest Green guys here but I have been into pythons for about five years now and I'm just considering getting a GTP. It's probably partly the fault of the DEC/DECCW/OEH/LMNOP but I'm a little scared of screwing up with them and not providing the correct husbandry. At least an albino is basically just a regular Carpet.

Very much agree'd with the above... Ive been into pythons for a few years now and im only just on my way to my first Albino... GTP (so ive heard) need a different kind of set up to just a regular carpet, so thats why I have gone with an albino over a GTP but they are both amazing looking snakes

Hahah Michael... Good photo capture... Do they tag hard these lil guys?

The albino was my first snake, however the GTP was the snake that inspired me to start keeping. However I wasn't experienced at all at the time and decided to go with the albino which I love dearly. I'm currently looking at getting a GTP for myself now, so I can't decide which I love more! Will have to see when I have one of each :D

and now you own one you won in a comp :p

I was tossing up between the two, chose the albino. Perfect choice and dont regret it. Absolutley love it.

Albino is alot better to look at when it puts itself on display, GTP is on display alot more so arguably a better show python.
tuffff 1111

Well I got to make a choice out of these 2 snakes and can't make the decision and have to do so quick says the mrs so please help me and do a vote il check back in a few days and what ever the most voted snake is il get that just simply say albino or gtp

Well I got to make a choice out of these 2 snakes and can't make the decision and have to do so quick says the mrs so please help me and do a vote il check back in a few days and what ever the most voted snake is il get that just simply say albino or gtp

I have a better solution, buy me a GTP since I already have an albino then I'll tell you which I prefer.

I have both and my favorite are my greens, they are very clam (during the day) and its great to see them change from a tiny yellow hatchy into the vibrant lime green adult. My albino is a little snappy but is still a beautiful animal.

My vote - Aussie GTP

Up to the individual person.
GTP's have never really interested me....getting a bit swayed by the Aussie ones though.
Albino Darwins are magnificient in the flesh (pics don't really do them justice).

I'd definitely go a GTP over an albino. But I'm biased, generally speaking I much prefer the "classics" over any fancypants morphs or mutations etc. Doesn't really matter though, I can't afford either at the moment :p

I'd research the needs of each and choose the one that fits your ability to care for it. I'd go greens every time though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back