Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but hes fed today again :) guess he just wasnt hungry haha, please excuse the nervous newbie worries. first monitor, couldnt ask for anything better really :)

Good to hear hes eating again. Pinkies aren't that good for monitors. They need the developed bones, organs and fur of adult rodents.

hes only 15 cm long dude, he cant eat adults, hence the calcium suppliments haha. Yea, hes a wicked little guy, im gonna try chop up an adult rat so he can get bones and stuff so its a bit healthier. and im pretty sure ill be looking for another one day in the near future! haha hes absolutely amazing, so lucky to have gotten him.

Try chopped legs and feet of day old chickens ;)
One of mine had 3 pinkies the other day! Pig lol

They werent interested in them for awhile, I got sick of wasting them because they barely touch the sides for the bigger boy, so I brained the pinkies a few times and now they smash them :)

They've taken to the day olds too so give them a try.

I've given them day old chickens legs and feet ( herc has the rest ;) ) but you can chop whole day old quails too.

Hes alseep now, I'll try get one tomorrow if I have time :)

Yea, i just got adult mice to chop up for him, he should love it, but ill try day old quails then, see how he likes it :) That'd be awesome if u could post a pic, mines grown a lot, hes 42 grams now :D so chuffed haha just wanna see what im in for over these coming months,

Herc didn't want to play today (he thought he was getting a feed when I opened his doors) so this is the best I could get, hes around 60cm:

20130406_141122.jpg20130406_141137.jpg

....and heres a few updates pics of the other two for good measure :p

20130406_140654.jpg20130406_140717.jpg20130406_140727.jpg20130406_140934.jpg20130406_141020.jpg

Hercs still a baby :p
Wait until they're around 18 months with big fat chunky legs and tails, round chubby bellies and are as long as your arm :lol:

Herc is the oldest I have now.

I kept spencers along with sandies, beardies, diamonds, bredlis and bhps up until a few years ago but sold up all my herps after having a baby and losing time and interest.

Shes 5 now and I have some Spencers again lol so I also cant wait until they get bigger, I miss having a big chunky monitor walking around the place B)

haha aww thats awesome! BHP's are the best, i got beardies, a darwin carpet, a bredli, my BHP and two beardies, then Finn :p haha

hey mate, he's awesome. where did you get him from? what time of year do they tend to be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back