New reptile owner! :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djdamo

Reaction score
Hello!,

Have recently started keeping reptiles after have aquariums for about 3 years. Got "Mushu" my first beared dragon about a month ago and he/she has settled in great. Currently working on a diy fake background for the enclosure which was also diy.

IMG_0607_zpsd2895586.jpg

IMG_0581_zps0f6410ae.jpg

A few days ago i picked up my first snake. A male Jungle Carpet python named Dexter. He is still settling in and is not veruy happy at the moment. I fed him his first pinky rat yesterday and after a few goes at it he finally landed a good strike and it was gone. Going to let him settle in for a few more days and then start to handle him. Hopefully he calms down a bit as he is quite agressive even when i walk past his enclosure.

IMG_0633_zps308504e0.jpg

IMG_0631_zpse1150980.jpg

IMG_0620_zps97fc0dc5.jpg

Cheers Damo

hang something like a tea towell or cloth over his enclosure for a week or two to let him settle in, then remove itand seehow he goes when you walk around. I've had my jungle for 5 months now and he is now handling like a dream and I'm yet to be bit.....first snake too.

Grats!!

Good luck and enjoy mate, im fairly new too, but loving it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back