Snake people are bogans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see someone at the pub do you think they are an alcoholic?
If someone plays sport are they a sports star?
If someone rides a bike are they in a gang?
If someone has tats are they a junkie?
If someone cries do they have depression?

Maybe people need to stop trying to put people into category's and accept each person for who they are?

What is a bogan? I'd say it's simply a class term, used by people who wish to command superiority over others.

If someone calls you a bogan, use it against them. Challenge their antiquated attempt to place themselves above you in their own little social world.

iv got tats, v8 tonner, ride a harley, drink emu export and have mullet. no pit bull anymore but I got my pig dogs. and iv got snakes. but they didnt make me 'bogan'..
I know Im bogan but im proud of it. I put it down to my family being the same way. growing up in a tiny bush town and have be intrested with snakes my whol life, well all animals

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

What is a bogan? I'd say it's simply a class term, used by people who wish to command superiority over others.

If someone calls you a bogan, use it against them. Challenge their antiquated attempt to place themselves above you in their own little social world.

Or you could chuck some empty tinnies at them from the back of your ute and tell 'em to "get stuffed mate!" :p:p

I like this thread :)
I've got tatts, I drive a holden ute, I drink VB, used to smoke winnie blues, mostly wear thongs, got snakes, but I don't consider myself a bogan. I'd probably like to be a bogan but I just don't have the dedication :)

BTW, Saintanger.... worst Metallica album ever... BY FAR!!

I'm not sure that owning a snake says "bogan". I have never encountered that thought line....Mad, weird, brave, stupid and interesting maybe? I can't see why owning a snake makes you a bogan? Maybe people who think people who have snakes are bogans are bogans? Is that too complicated?

Ah rednecks, the forgotten cousin of the bogan and very underrated as well.

Cue the duelling banjos! !

Bogans and Rednecks are completely different genuses. You can be a bogan and still look and act 'normal', but if you are are a Redneck you are beyond saving.

Before anyone shouts me down for being something I am not, I admire or ignore everyone equally.

own snakes - yup
own a mastiff x and a bull arab x - yup
own a bomb of a car that needs repairs but hasn't been looked at because i had vet bills to pay - yup
talk like bogan - check (according to my partner and friends - sigh)

On the other hand though, I will have a university degree at the end of next year and I dont have tats ;) But I have been informed lovingly by friends that I am a complete bogan.

Tatts - yep, heaps of 'em
Dodgy car - not anymore
Alcohol - rarely
Snake - yep

and to add another couple of boxes to be ticked
Wear hi-vis to work - yep
Live in a low socio-economic area - yep (nears Browns Plains in Logan, which is possibly where the term bogan came from)

Snakes - check
Pitbull - check as well as an English staffy and bull Arab and grew up in a pig hunting family from a little country town
Commodore - yep one as a daily drive and 2 VLs that are projects
Rodeos - check
Poor socioeconomic area - check
Dress like a tomboy - check
Love the drags & V8 racing - check

Tattoos and alcohol - no

Learnt something about myself today .. Guess I'm mostly a bogan haha :/

People, let's be honest. Snakey peeps ARE bogans and bogans are HOT!

My mum thinks snake people are bogans and that I'm going to turn into a bogan with tats and pitbulls apparently. Thats her perception of snake people lol. No one take offence please.
I am not a bogan and I have nothing against them but are snake people generally bogans?

Edit: had to change title and wording as this wasn't actually a thread originally so it sounded funny.

She's right!! :lol: :lol: They are!!

Every second drugs bust involves some snake being confiscated...and have you been to a reptile expo lately? :p

(don't get me wrong, all my mates are bogans - I used to be regularly identified as one when I was younger. And I just love chicks with tatts :D) ...Hell, maybe I'm still one :lol:

u4azejed.jpg
nothing wrong with being a bogan. me im proud of it iv even got a good going out flanno. better than being a yuppie or having 'swag', swag is a bed not looking like justin bieber.
at least bogans are happy with who they are not changing there style every 6 months. you are who you are why be fake? if your mates dont like you for who you are then ther terrible mates...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365122959802.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365122959802.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back