Sarcasm

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andynic07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to convey sarcasm on written forums or is it a waste of time.

no just read my posts better
;)
or ignore me altogether:lol:

Given that sarcasm is such a poor form of wit it may be time you found other ways to express yourself...

Ahh well i must not be to witty then:rolleyes:

Can't go wrong with the rolleyes emoticon

Given that sarcasm is such a poor form of wit it may be time you found other ways to express yourself...
I think that sarcasm is not always an expression of wit and is sometimes used to lighten the situation.

Sarcasm is the highest form of wit. It works from the bottom up and often says what those without a voice want to say. It is universal, all cultures and creeds. And, done right, is extremely funny. All depends who's talking. And what they say.

Clowns are everywhere. Sarcasm is not a joke!

:):)

images
images

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarcasm is something hard to convey in written form and is often subject to the readers frame of mind at the time.

As a mod it's often not easy to determine the difference between a statement, a sarcastic remark or a snide comment. Sometimes it comes down to who posted as some members are prone to use sarcasm often. It also depends on the context of the thread....

If you are unsure how your post will be interpreted then either use emoticons to clarify your intent or simply add (sarcasm) and then no one has a reason to take your posts any other way.
I am a sarcastic person, but use it little via text as i am aware that some people don't understand it and it causes unnecessary confusion

sorry , there is no way to do that.

Sarcasm on here is like verbal abuse , humiliation and harrassment to others.

How you think something .... and how you write something ....... is soon lost in translation when someone else reads it, because they just dont know .

That's why I always say we need a new font called sarcastica.

sorry , there is no way to do that.

Sarcasm on here is like verbal abuse , humiliation and harrassment to others.

How you think something .... and how you write something ....... is soon lost in translation when someone else reads it, because they just don't know .
Not sure that i would totally agree with verbal abuse ,humiliation and harassment all the time. If you know the person quite well then usually they will know your type of humour and tone but yes to a stranger it can come across like that. I think Jax has the best solution of not using sarcasm unless you are sure it will be taken the right way and as an insurance policy add an emoticon or other distinguishing gesture. I also think that a lot of time advice on here can come across as condescending as well with the words used even when it is not meant that way. Definently far too many snide comments made on this site in my opinion.

Trouble with what people write comes down to how it is interpreted by the person reading it.People tend to see things that aren't really there in the first place depending on their frame of mind at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back