Advice Please :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielM

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been feeding my new spotted python every 5 days like,
Feed Monday, Feed Saturday
Feed Saturday, Feed Thursday etc..
So anyway after waiting two days I've been handling her. But that only leaves two days for handling, which I think isn't really enough to get her used to handling. So my question, would it be okay to feed her after 5 days so like,
Feed Monday, Feed Sunday
Feed Sunday, Feed Friday etc...?
Anyway thanks :)

There should be no probblem doing that although if she still only young you don't want her to lose her willingness to strike at food through over handling.

I feed my BHP every 4-5 days at the moment and it still gets handled plenty, I don't handle it the next day after feeding but after that I handle it, and handle it the a few hours before I feed it.

She feeds like a beast haha
In the two - three weeks I've had her shes taken all her food, no problem :)
Okay thanks :)

How old is the spotted, my spotted hatchie (3 1/2 months old) eats every 4-5 days, strikes hard and fast every time, he gets handled 2 days after a feed so still leaves 2 days in between, he doesn't strike out when being handled and is starting to settle when handled, at first he was very flighty

That sounds exactly like her. To be honest I actually do not know how old she is, I bought her at the expo on the 17th. I'm waiting for a record sheet from Snake Ranch at the moment. I'd say around a month old. I'll just continue with feeding on the fifth day. Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back