Water feature pic heavy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggles91

Reaction score
Hey every one, thought I'd post some pics of the new water feature I made in my angle headed dragons enclosure today!

Started by partitioning the enclosure filling it with rocks and pebbles adding the waterfall and a home made filter out of my water fall pump n so far it's great!! :)

ejenuqu9.jpg
yqe6uzat.jpg
rahagydu.jpg
una5e4yb.jpg
ezuvedep.jpg
ysy6u6e8.jpg
utatesem.jpg
a4u6y6un.jpg

nice love it but do the fish that you have in there keep the algea and alll the yucky stuff of the glass and other things

No I don't think they do. They only been in for a few hours though.. Might get some of the sucker cat fish or what ever they are.. Or snails!! Hmm you got me thinking

yeah if i ever put something like that in i would put a catfish just so its always clean and looks good but nice job love what you have done

oh forgot to ask what type of fish are they if you dont mind?

Looks great.. Don't get the sucker cat fish.. they are a killer. just get a magnet algie cleaner. It's mostly sunlight that gives u algie.

looks incredible mate! keep us updated on how you go.

Looks great.. Don't get the sucker cat fish.. they are a killer. just get a magnet algie cleaner. It's mostly sunlight that gives u algie.

Dam it my tank is directly opposite my window which gets late afternoon sunlight!

Looks amazing! well done :D8) i love it and i bet your lizards do too.

Looks great, I hope it doesn't turn into a cleaning nightmare for you though.

Ye I hope not either! If it starts to get murky though ill just chuck in another filter I have for Afew hours an that should do the trick! Worked yesterday when I first put the water in!

He's still in der.. Just occupied the little cave at the back as u can see in the pic :p

ypase6u7.jpg

Bristle nose catfish have "bristles" that might not be good for your GTS if swallowed. Other than that it looks good.

Just a suggestion to possibly improve filtration & give your dragon another high place to perch....

Temporarily take out the waterfall feature & then place your filter in the corner & then pile up the gravel/pebbles around it.
Now you can rest the water feature on top & hook up the hosing to the top/back of the water feature.

The gravel will act as a filter, the raised waterfall will be higher for the dragon to climb & lastly you won't have the filter exposed.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back