kids and Nth Korea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are kidding, surely?

North Korea does posses KN-08 inter-continental ballistic missiles, which are more than capable if functional of hitting the American mainland. For all their stupidity, North Korea are still not foolish enough to target the America's. The US has demonstrated their ability to defend against a long range missile attack, however these missile defense systems are restricted to US interests. North Korea's one bargaining chip is that not all of the US allies or interests are protected by a missile defense system. This is why the international community is treating this threat very seriously and the US and its allies are moving military resources into place. Having said that, the North Korean military is obviously aware if its shortcomings in military might, which makes them all the more dangerous. It is likely in the advent of any military aggression, they would target a soft target, including non military targets.

In spite of the above, the rhetoric from the North Korean's is likely postering so that the UN give concessions and lift some of the sanctions to broker a peace deal.

My thoughts.

Regards

Wing_Nut

I think we can all blame the media for the scare mongering and hype once again, then when this fizzles out and something else happens to grab peoples attention it will all be forgotten.

This is what the majority of todays society has become, lemmings fed by social media who believe anything that someone on the TV says. What happened to people being proactive? Doing research for themselves & forming their own opinions? They may not be right but that's what makes a diverse society.

The US positioned a destroyer off the SK coast to act as a localised ballistic shield against North Korean missiles, if they do push the button, they will be the only significant thing destroyed. They simply don't have the technology, the best they could have is short range 'dirty bombs' which would be enough to stage a full forced nuclear attack from the west, leaving a crater where NK once was. The main threat is Chinas loyalties and in my opinion, they have advanced themselves in the world order so far that sticking with NK would wind their evolutionary clock back about 60 years. NK has already carried out three nuclear tests against Chinas wishes, also re-opening the reactor was another defiant act. They simply aren't making any friends. They only ties left are funding and they are under much speculation.

This is probably the best and most accurate quote I've heard from the media so far:

She is our biggest threat at the moment. She needs a leash, a very short one.

The only media that is obviously scare mongering is the state run North Korean media. As far as our own media is concerned, the real and open threat of a nuclear war can't really be over sensationalised. As for this fizzling out, Kim Jong-Un can't afford for that to happen. He will need to fire something to avoid looking stupid and a possible regime change. The best case scenario for this is for NK to fire a missile into the sea over Japan. Worst case scenario is doing precisely what he's threatened. I still doubt that this would end in a nuclear response from the US. They have the capability to utterly destroy NK with conventional weapons.

NK refuses to be bullied by America and there ability to retaliate with nuclear weapons is probably the only thing that has kept them safe from American invasion in more recent times.

NK refuses to be bullied by America and there ability to retaliate with nuclear weapons is probably the only thing that has kept them safe from American invasion in more recent times.

The US isn't bullying them, in fact they have provided Billions of dollars in aid to north Korea. The US was simply carrying out their annual military exercises with their allies South Korea as they have every right to do. North Korea have spent the past six decades bullying the south and have always gotten away with it, e.g the sinking of a South Korean ship in 2011 killing 40 odd people on board with no retaliation from the south.
Also, it's not their nukes that have kept them safe, it's the fact that China are their allies.

Do you work ata frozen yogurt place...? Me and my friends where talking about it and there was 4 of us!!

The US isn't bullying them, in fact they have provided Billions of dollars in aid to north Korea. The US was simply carrying out their annual military exercises with their allies South Korea as they have every right to do. North Korea have spent the past six decades bullying the south and have always gotten away with it, e.g the sinking of a South Korean ship in 2011 killing 40 odd people on board with no retaliation from the south.
Also, it's not their nukes that have kept them safe, it's the fact that China are their allies.

Hmmm I thought you were a Skeptic.

A different perspective.
ZCommunications | North Korea and the United States: Will the Real Aggressor Please Stand Down? by Kevin Zeese | ZNet Article

We have discussed this as a family but my kids are in their 20's. i amsuprised that every schoolchild is not aware. I would consider it important enough to discuss in a classroom because schooling is just about learning facts and figures - it is should be about preparing kids for the real world outside of school. It does not get any more 'real' than this.

It is easy say that it is all posturing. But that is based on him having a rational mind. The US are taking it seriously and you would have to put that down to assessing the individual's capacity to follow through on his threats. Being a military dictator, despite the team of advisors he would have, the decision to 'push the button' is his alone and could happen against all the best advice given him. I would not too dismissive of the reality of this threat.

As for China, it may have idealogical ties with North Korea but when push comes to shove, I believe they will go by the wayside in deference to maintaining its economic relationships with the western world, which underpin their current economic prosperity.

The last thing the US wants is a nuclear engagment. They know full well the ramifications of it and the need to avoid it at all costs. If the worst happens, then the conflict will be fought with conventional weapons. The US will seek to take out all of NK's missile launch facilities and then see where NK wants to go from there.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Blue

China owns over 2 trillion dollars worth of us bonds.... If the us has to go war against NK, the us economy will go further into debt meaning chain can buy more bonds at a lower price. Therefor china owns the us without going to war. NK is just a puppet in china's games. Also it is fact that NK has a missile that can reach us soil but it doesn't have to hit the us if the launch it into the outer atmosphere the emp pulse will shut the us down, how will they fight back then...... Do some searching before stating facts that aren't true.

And it's about time someone puts the USA in it place..... They don't own the world as much as they like to think otherwise.

Well I was talking to my dad about it after reading about Kim Jong and his BFF NBA dude in the newspaper. I have little concern. I mean yeah there's always the little thing in the back of your mind especially being a teen and its a serious topic. But overall, I see it as a threat display. He's like a bloomin BHP or Texty! He'd be a complete idiot to start a war. He's got few allies and they don't want a war. And come on. He's up against America. He can't hardly even reach America and if he does, they have missile things to counteract his missiles. My only real concern is for Sth Korea, Japan etc.

Maybe I'm being optimistic about the situation but at least I've still got the sense to know that yes, it could turn ugly.

he's just a fat ugly show off with a really sexy haircut. :p:rolleyes:

The US couldn't stop 9/11, do you really think NK could not successfully perform a covert missile strike?

A left of left perspective. The article opens by saying that the US nuclear program is more dangerous than that of the North Koreans. I don't think any rational person can agree with this. The US has had nukes for the past 70 years and has refrained from using them in every single war they've been in since WW2. The north Koreans are threatening to use them in retaliation to military exercises. There's a slight difference. And Bluetongue, as far as china is concerned, I agree with you but it goes even deeper than political and economical affiliations with the west. A war between the Korea's would send a flood of hundreds of thousands of refugees into China and the destruction of the north would almost definitely result in a unified Korea that was allied to the US. China most certainly doesn't want that.

If defence has tough me anything as a few ppl would know on this site no one is really going to know wats going on something this serious is all gunna be pretty under raps as far as the actual truth and whats really happening the media will tell whatever sounds good and scary

If defence has tough me anything as a few ppl would know on this site no one is really going to know wats going on something this serious is all gunna be pretty under raps as far as the actual truth
Just like the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq....

And it's about time someone puts the USA in it place..... They don't own the world as much as they like to think otherwise.
You may not like the US for whatever reasons but to express the quoted sentiments indicates the most appalling of attitudes that one can only classify as war mongering and completely bereft of consideration of the death and injury caused to innocents. I really do struggle to find the most miniscule justification for someone articulating the sentiments you have put forward given the gravity of the situation and its very real capacity to escalate and involve many other nations.

As for you emf scenario, a few quotes from the available literature…

“In written testimony delivered to the United States Senate in 2005, an EMP Commission staff member reported:
The EMP Commission sponsored a worldwide survey of foreign scientific and military literature to evaluate the knowledge, and possibly the intentions, of foreign states with respect to electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack. The survey found that the physics of EMP phenomenon and the military potential of EMP attack are widely understood in the international community, as reflected in official and unofficial writings and statements. The survey of open sources over the past decade finds that knowledge about EMP and EMP attack is evidenced in at least Britain, France, Germany, Israel, Egypt, Taiwan, Sweden, Cuba, India, Pakistan, Iraq under Saddam Hussein, Iran, North Korea, China and Russia.
. . .”

“Many foreign analysts–particularly in Iran, North Korea, China, and Russia–view the United States as a potential aggressor that would be willing to use its entire panoply of weapons, including nuclear weapons, in a first strike. They perceive the United States as having contingency plans to make a nuclear EMP attack, and as being willing to execute those plans under a broad range of circumstances.
Russian and Chinese military scientists in open source writings describe the basic principles of nuclear weapons designed specifically to generate an enhanced-EMP effect, that they term "Super-EMP" weapons. "Super-EMP" weapons, according to these foreign open source writings, can destroy even the best protected U.S. military and civilian electronic systems.”

“It has long been known that there are many ways to protect against nuclear EMP (or to quickly begin repairs where protection is not practical); but the United States EMP Commission determined that such protections are almost completely absent in the civilian infrastructure of the United States, and that even large sectors of the United States military services were no longer protected against EMP to the level that they were during the Cold War. The public statements of the physicists and engineers working in the EMP field tend to emphasize the importance of making electronic equipment and electrical components resistant to EMP — and of keeping adequate spare parts on hand, and in the proper location, to enable prompt repairs to be made.”

You might also like to have a read of:
“Report of the Commission to Assess the
Threat to the United States from
Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack

Critical National Infrastructures

April 2008” …available on the net.

The US have military bases stationed around the world for a reason. They want to be able to neutralize any attack on the US before it gets to US soil. They want the capacity to take retaliatory action well before things get anywhere near their country. Should NK launch a missile in the direction of the US, then the probability is that the US will intercept it some considerable distance before it reaches its target.

If you would like me to address your financial argument in a similar vein, please let me know.

Blue

The US couldn't stop 9/11, do you really think NK could not successfully perform a covert missile strike?
There is a world of difference between terrorist attacks and military attacks. Commandeering commercial airliners versus firing off missiles are just not on the same page. I don’t believe there are any comparisons to be drawn here.

Blue

There is a world of difference between terrorist attacks and military attacks. Commandeering commercial airliners versus firing off missiles are just not on the same page. I don’t believe there are any comparisons to be drawn here.

Blue

So are you saying the NK couldn't smuggle operatives and/or WMD's onto US soil in the same way Al-Qaeda did (with the people not the WMD's)?

The US borders are full of massive loopholes, early warning systems aren't going to do a damn thing when a WMD is driven into a major city in the back of a family SVU.

Last edited:
jeez...... all i wanted was for ppl to look at information and talk to their kids abouts whats happening,not start this fight....... mods close this thread please

Last edited by a moderator:
When the media hype up something like this, the ones who are awake look beyond it to see what they are hiding or covering up and diverting our attention from ;)

The current war in Syria with interests from Turkey, Israel, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia for example...... something going on there that is not simply about a struggle against a dictator, control of gas lines I think...... Look at what happened in Egypt.
NWO are the ones to be watching, not North Korea IMO

I thought this was a fantastic read,... the whole lot!! no fights?? I actually prefer the 'ignorance is bliss' approach my self though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back