Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanna

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My gorgeous stimmi Cleo escaped her tank on Friday night...she is just over a year old and there has been no sign of her :( I have no idea whether she is still in my room or if she has gotten outside and I am heartbroken. She was my first python as a gift for my 18th... I've pulled the house apart looking for her and nothing. I've done all that I can, left her tank open with her heat light on, put her cave with her heat mat in various places, hoping to draw her out to the warmth. I've even rubbed a defrosted mouse all over her tank (knowing she is due for a feed and probably hungry.) Tonight I'm putting babypowder around all the doorways etc in an attempt to find out if she is still in the house.:cry:

So please, give me some of your stories of escaped snakes that you have found. I know my boyfriend has had several loose in his house for MONTHS before they were found. But since my girl is still so young I am so worried. I really need some hope that she will be found. And please, no hate. I already blame myself enough :(

Also, any advice to try find her would be great..I'll try ANYTHING.

Here's some pics of my baby.. (they are several months old tho...she's a bigger now)
SAM_1123.jpgSAM_0956.jpg

I bet she is still in your room. Check curtain railings, bags, handbags and shoes. Yes all your shoes: )

Id snake proof the room, towel under doors etc to ensure it doesn't escape. Then powder all over the remaining floor space to find movements. They don't usually get far. My bhp was always found under the fridge in the back of the motor. Warmest most confined space in my house. Worth a look there.

Ive heard of snakes going almost a year in absence and then turning back up. I read on here recently that a coastal carpet I think it was had been gone a long while and turned up at the neighbours.

For now though how bout a hug :) *cuddles*

She'll show up darlin. Stay positive :)
I'm trying to stay positive :( but thank you, I hope so more than anything!

I bet she is still in your room. Check curtain railings, bags, handbags and shoes. Yes all your shoes: )
I thought she would be too. The night she went missing I wasn't home though and when I got home the next day about 11 she was gone. But my mum saw her when she put some clothes in my room before she went to bed that night about 11pm and she shut tmy bedroom door. But she is still small enough to fit underneath my bedroom door if she really wanted to :(

I have checked every single shoe and handbag :( I've literally taken everything out of my room and back again. But after I finish writing this I'm going to go check them again just in case....

my partner once did not fix the hole on the back of 2 enclosures and i had 6 yearling coastals loose in the house, found one in the air con after switching it on cold, 2 behind the enclosure, one ontop of my beardies enclosure, 1 ontop of my blueys enclosure and one under the dresser took 3 days to find them all.

another time he left the door open and i had 2 darwins get out and found them behind their tank.

another time he did not lock the click clack after feeding my woma and he got out found him 1 hour later under the shoe rack.

another time he forgot to shut the water pythons tank and i found her roaming my lounge room.

and best of all he left the childrens pythons enclosure open and its next to my bed and i woke up to my darling girl on my face lol.

since she is small, she could be anywere, in a shoe, between books under a cupboard ect keep looking, especially at night

Id snake proof the room, towel under doors etc to ensure it doesn't escape. Then powder all over the remaining floor space to find movements. They don't usually get far. My bhp was always found under the fridge in the back of the motor. Warmest most confined space in my house. Worth a look there.

Ive heard of snakes going almost a year in absence and then turning back up. I read on here recently that a coastal carpet I think it was had been gone a long while and turned up at the neighbours.

For now though how bout a hug :) *cuddles*

I don't know whether to keep my door closed or open since I am 99% sure she isn't in my room (I've literally pulled it apart.) I have powdered off this end of the house though (three bedrooms and a bathroom) with the door to the rest of the house closed and covered off. I've checked the fridge :/ And all the powerboards, computers, tvs, anything I can think would have any sort of heat. Unfortunately her turning up at my neighbours is a death sentence as I live in the Adelaide foothills...plenty of brown snakes around and according to my dad...she looks just like a baby one :(
Thanks for your advice though..I'll be sure to keep checking the fridge and other places like that :)

I found mine after 7 weeks, she was cruising around then one night I found her in my undie drawer.
That's what I need to hear :) How old was she though? My biggest concern is that she is so young and small :(

my partner once did not fix the hole on the back of 2 enclosures and i had 6 yearling coastals loose in the house, found one in the air con after switching it on cold, 2 behind the enclosure, one ontop of my beardies enclosure, 1 ontop of my blueys enclosure and one under the dresser took 3 days to find them all.

another time he left the door open and i had 2 darwins get out and found them behind their tank.

another time he did not lock the click clack after feeding my woma and he got out found him 1 hour later under the shoe rack.

another time he forgot to shut the water pythons tank and i found her roaming my lounge room.

and best of all he left the childrens pythons enclosure open and its next to my bed and i woke up to my darling girl on my face lol.

since she is small, she could be anywere, in a shoe, between books under a cupboard ect keep looking, especially at night
Now that's some inspirtation for me!!! thank you...so good to hear so many success stories in one. That really gives me so much hope :) I'll be sure to keep looking in the small places, especially at night..after everyone goes to bed tonight I'm going to go through the house with a torch for an hour or so aha. Aww I'd give anything to wake up to my girl in my face lol :(

my gecko escaped into my stimmie tank once, not pretty
lets just hope you dont have a bhp

I lost my yearlong coastal for an hour and he's still smallish, found him chill axing in the very top of my linen cupboard, but I was about 5 mind away from a full on panic attack so I know how you're feeling :( try and stay positive she will hopefully turn up soon xx

Set traps, my dad use to tell me how he caught snakes when he was a boy (of course he let them go, he like snakes more than rats). He would get mesh and place a rat inside, snake would go through the mesh eat the meal and then be to big to get out. Place heat mats, and or set the cage out in the other rooms were you think he might be. Hope you find him!

I lost my yearlong coastal for an hour and he's still smallish, found him chill axing in the very top of my linen cupboard, but I was about 5 mind away from a full on panic attack so I know how you're feeling :( try and stay positive she will hopefully turn up soon xx

I really hope so! I've gone through just about every emotion I can right now. It doesn't help that I'm going overseas on Thursday for ten days and will be completely helpless to do anything :(

Set traps, my dad use to tell me how he caught snakes when he was a boy (of course he let them go, he like snakes more than rats). He would get mesh and place a rat inside, snake would go through the mesh eat the meal and then be to big to get out. Place heat mats, and or set the cage out in the other rooms were you think he might be. Hope you find him!
I've considered this. But I am unsure as to whether she would even go for live bait since she has only ever been fed prekilled (frozen) food. And I don't want to risk harming her. But then again, I'll try anything so I may try thawed mice first then this.

And thanks guy for your stories/advice! Feeling so much more positive.

weird but true mine went up behind a mirror high on a wall! my little boy stood up on a chair bumped the mirror and my stimmies tail dropped down! was the last place i thought to look. I looked everywhere but there.

You should leave the front door open and see if he gets lost if he doesn't come back you know your reps will be safe : )

But I am unsure as to whether she would even go for live bait since she has only ever been fed prekilled (frozen) food. And I don't want to risk harming her. But then again, I'll try anything so I may try thawed mice first then this.

I wouldn't recommend a live mouse, but a thawed mouse might work just as well. I really hope you find her. Tell us the instant you do.

There was a thread that was created last year of someone losing their snake, they came into their living room like 5 month later and found it. If someone can tell me which one it was that would be great.

Mine got out once she ended up being behind the drawers in my bedside table thank god so don't forget. Don't just check in the drawers pull everything apart. Good luck :)

I once had a Jungle escape and it was the night after feeding and I live in the Gold Coast hinterlands so I was freaking out because it gets quite cold at night during winter. I pulled everything out of my room and there was nothing left and after freaking out for a few hours not knowing where he was I caught something out of the corner of my eye and he was on the wooden blinds. Little bugger watched me pullout my whole room and freak out for hours.

Stay positive she will show up :) Beautiful little girl aswell.

Friends of mine lost their 2 month old children's. This thing was so tiny I believed it fell down a sinkhole. They turned their house upside down and found nothing then 3obths later they found her in the cupboard under her tank!
They had some little pipes and stuff in the storage stand and opened it one day to find her laying half out of one :)
There is always hope they'll come back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back