Buzzing heat matt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

junglepython2

Hi guys, I'm used to using heat cords so am unfamilar with matts.
I recently purchased a habistat dimming thermostat and an Aussie Sun heat matt as a setup for someone who wanted a hatchling.

The matt buzzes with differing intensity when plugged into the thermostat. Is this normal? Doesnt seem to make any noise when plugged straight into the wall.

There was a similar post not so long ago with a URS mat, most people said no not normal but the op rang the company and they said that it is normal with dimming thermostats also their mat did not buzz when put on full power without the thermostat.

My URS mat buzzes, not constantly but every now and then (connected to thermostat). At first i thought there may have been something wrong with it so i tested my spare one and it did the same thing. Its been working fine for me tho even after a year of use, ive learnt to ignore the buzzing but i still keep an eye on it.

i would be trying another one 2 be on the safe side....mine never made a sound when i used one :?

Hi I was the one that put up the post and rung URS they said it is normal with the green heats mats and dimming thermostat combination.The buzzing noise started really annoying me so I purchased a microclimate heat mat because they do not buzz.

My green 'waterproof' URS type meat mat buzzes as it is heats, while on a dimming thermostat. Have had no problems with it and as it was my first heat mat I thought it was just normal until I bought different heat mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back