LED lighting help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
Just wondering what type of LEDs do you guys use to light up your tanks and stuff and what ones you get because I have had some bad experiences with eBay eg. I bought a black light the start of last year got it half way through last year so it took a while and I know that there are some scams out there but was wondering what ones do you get that actually turn up pretty quick THIS IS NOT A WANTED TO BUY THREAD just don't wont to get scammed :)
thanks

I purchased a 5m led strip off eBay with remote and power adapter. It has heaps of colours but I only use the white light. You can adjust the brightness using the remote. So far it's been great

Search eBay under aquarium led lighting. They come in lots of different lengths/ colours and most with plug pack power supplies and are cheap. I use a couple of 3w 40 cm ones in with my carpet python. You could always go to Ikea they have lots but are more expensive but you don't have to wait for them.

ebay is great...

never by the strips. go for mr16 or e27 or gu10 fittings.
I got 50x 5watt led downlights (30,000hrs life per bulb) from china for just $39 delivered? (only 1 was broken) How can you beat that?
The exact same led in bunnings was $14.98 each. (they also have some similar ones on special at aldi currently for $8.98 each)

ebay is great...

never by the strips. go for mr16 or e27 or gu10 fittings.
I got 50x 5watt led downlights (30,000hrs life per bulb) from china for just $39 delivered? (only 1 was broken) How can you beat that?
The exact same led in bunnings was $14.98 each. (they also have some similar ones on special at aldi currently for $8.98 each)

You might want to have a little search and see how many fires have been caused by the globes you have suggested.

You might want to have a little search and see how many fires have been caused by the globes you have suggested.

Got a link I can look at?

I've been using mine for the last 2.5 years. No issues. There are 1000's of different types of leds out there and all made in china.

Reptilia, just wondering if its a cost factor why you suggested we shouldnt buy the strip or could they do damage to my python?

I searched: led downlights fire, and came up with nothing to support your claim.

I only buy from within Australia check their aren't many negative feedbacks on the seller. I bought the waterproof led strips for dirt cheap and they work great so far. If you plan on splitting the strip between different enclosures and still using the one supply buy the clips as well because soldering wire onto the end of those things sucks.

If you plan on splitting the strip between different enclosures and still using the one supply buy the clips as well because soldering wire onto the end of those things sucks.

I agree they are horrible to try to solder, I found a pencil butane torch more effective than an iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back