New Reptile Club for the S.E. Qld area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reptile Outlet

Reaction score
After receiving many phone calls from concerned people for me to please help establish a reputable herp society in the S.E. Qld area, and having promised that I would do so back in January, (I apologise that time and work commitments stood in the way until now), I'm pleased to announce that the inaugural meeting of the new incorporated society will be held this Friday evening in Ipswich. If you would like to attend, please email me at [email protected] for further details. We already have quite a number of respected, reputable breeders on board, so we're very confident that this club will be able to deliver everything that people (new comers and older keepers alike) are looking for in a herp club. If you live in the S.E. Qld area and would like to attend, we'll look forward to catching up with you on Friday evening.

Great idea :D
I know you and the Scales & Tails team have talked about this forever, and I'm only too happy to be there and help :)

Plans are going ahead nicely for the meeting. We already have over 50 confirmed attendees...... Should be a great evening

Im interested but what is a herp club involve? Also would there be other venues, other than ipswich?

clubs dont usually travel around the countryside joely to make everyone happy,they pick one place to have meetings and thats it,if you cant get there,you cant get there,thats it.

and what they do,is get ppl with like minded interests together to swap information,sell/swap animals,generally talk to each other about things that concern them all.

eg. down here in nsw atm its the CoP thats been brought in.

Im interested but what is a herp club involve? Also would there be other venues, other than ipswich?

Our first meeting tomorrow night will involve deciding on a name, the election of a committee and office bearers. We will work out exactly what the objects of the new society are, frequency of meetings, what everyone is hoping to gain from the society etc.
It's anticipated that we may hold future meetings at different locations, depending on the interest shown.

Our first meeting tomorrow night will involve deciding on a name, the election of a committee and office bearers. We will work out exactly what the objects of the new society are, frequency of meetings, what everyone is hoping to gain from the society etc.
It's anticipated that we may hold future meetings at different locations, depending on the interest shown.

Ok Thanks for your help shellfisch, i am interested but i wouldnt be able to make it up to ipswich. Thanks for the reply though

Thanks to all involved in kicking this off.
I just read this now so not much notice but I will do what I can to get there.
Will it be ok to just turn up this time or do you need confirmation?

Will it be ok to just turn up this time or do you need confirmation?

If at all possible, Joy would like numbers. The venue seats 80. By the sounds of things, we're gonna go close which is excellent.

Anyone wanting to attend can telephone Joy on 07 3278 3888, after 11am tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back