Leaf tail gecko enclosure...Thoughts?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leamos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've setup this natural enclosure for a group of leaf tails coming soon, the substrate is a mix of coco-peat, composted bark and a small amount of potting mix (i know its a bacteria risk but the plants with use the extra nutrients quickly hopefully). Plants are a mix of live and fake at the moment with the fakes being replaced by their live counter parts in coming weeks. Going to have to be patient for the moss and HC (not sure it'll even grow without wet feet) carpet to take hold.

What are few leaf tail keepers thoughts?

photo576x640.jpg

very nice looking enclosure, make sure u post some pics of ya leafies when you get them! :)

great enclosure and its good to see someone using natural stuff. your leafies will love it.

Looks good leamos and that substrate mix will be fine.

I would add some big pieces of bark set vertically on an angle as hides. They'll spend most of their time within/behind them.

Thanks for the feedback, I have added several large slabs of bark, that overlap, behind the old mans beard on the right and a few pieces leaning up against the rock wall behind all the foliage on the left. I've also swapped out the fake plants for real ones (except for the old mans beard which is still fake). Everything set for the new arrivals in a few hours, I'll have to remember to post a few pics of them once they have settled in. But until then this will have to do

I wouldn't worry about the bacteria...after all you've created a natural environment.
if you check out the Dendroboards...everything they use is natural for their dart frogs.

Man, there's some awesome vivs on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back