Police find python in Sydney home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
POLICE have charged a man after they discovered a carpet python and a loaded handgun in his home in the city's west.
mf.gif
border="0"
|-
| valign="'middle'" |
| valign="'middle'" |
|-

KPH8amzVbds

Published On: 12-Apr-13 03:33 PM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

It is articles like that that give legitimate snake owners a bad name.

It is articles like that that give legitimate snake owners a bad name. I bet if he owned a goldfish it wouldn't have made the article.

Considering he was fined for possessing protected fauna, hardly a legitimate reptile keeper

Not much of a story saying that they found a cat and a gun is it? Or a budgie?

lol, it does give us a bad name. because of stories like this people think oh you can't keep snakes as they are protected fauna as they know nothing about licences as they have no interst in reptiles.

had one drive past my place and i was out the front with one of my large pythons, she pulled over and proceded to tell me that i could not keep reptiles as pets that it was illegal ect then 15 min later i had cops at my door, i happily showed them my licence and the python that was on the lawn, even offered the cops if they wanted to hold her as she is a gentle giant, lol they refused and got the hell off my door step real quick.

Considering he was fined for possessing protected fauna, hardly a legitimate reptile keeper
As you see Dangles I changed my original statement to remove the goldfish part as no license required and I had not read past the headline at that point. I still feel many others will read the article as well and not separate him from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back