CTS relocation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firepac

Reaction score
Got a call to an old Queenslander to remove a snake from the toilet. It was an old style toilet with the cistern around head height on the wall. The lady was sitting in the toilet doing her business when this guy must have come out from behind the cistern and slid across her neck....you can imagine her reaction, i am just glad she was only doing a wee!! Anyway got a couple of pics before releasing it. Out of interest it was also one of the very few CTS that hasn't musked me either during capture or the photoshoot.

Attachments

• CTS 001.jpg
    CTS 001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 121
  • CTS 012.jpg
    CTS 012.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 83
  • CTS 014.jpg
    CTS 014.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 66
  • CTS 015.jpg
    CTS 015.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 80
Awesome mate. I love GTS. They are very common here, but I'm still excited when I see them, they come in some wonderful colours. Have you found a way to get the musk smell off your skin?

Nice! He has a cheeky smile. We only get the bright yellows here (sky blues on one of the Islands), incredibly quick but not too bad to handle (they seem to accept their fate) and accept their release quite calmly too.

The night tigers seem to tag at the beginning, all the way through the process and a couple for good luck on release :)

LOL, I have found the same with them in captivity, my Night Tigers always love to have a chew, I am yet to get tagged by a CTS though.

Have you found a way to get the musk smell off your skin?

Funny you should ask, I just got back from another callout, this time it was caught in a drag net. Had 2 deep cuts where the netting had sliced into its body. As you can imagine my hands stink despite washing them several times. Despite all it never once tried to bite even though its head was free and could easily have tagged me, even after it was released it made no attempt to bite while I was handling it.

The night tigers seem to tag at the beginning, all the way through the process and a couple for good luck on release :)

I always catch Brown Tree Snakes by hand and have never yet been bitten while catching them, they do thrash around a bit for a short while initially but settle quite quickly.

Very neat photos Firepac
and nice CTS
(I got a call to a 1.8 mtr CTS the other day:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back