Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is with this forum and every different looking carpet pythons are hybrids and intergrades????

People are taking what was said as Gospel.
Tasdevil even said they may have got it wrong.

what is with this forum and every different looking carpet pythons are hybrids and intergrades????

answer to that is simple
too many are mixing and matching anything now
results are always a mixed bag
simple example
jag/diamond cross will give you xxx of jags and xxx of siblings which may look like anything
but bet your bottom dollar few are sold as jag siblings

exactly the same with any other mixture
xxx mixed xxx mum xxx dad
but who knows the genetic truth is now a guessing game in many cases

to see the truth imagine three advertisements
for sale, jag/diamond siblings looks like pure diamond $$
for sale diamond/bredli cross looks like pure diamond $$
for sale guaranteed pure diamond from xxxxx breeder $$$

Which one sells for more?

I can't even see the pic of the snake!! I'm on my phone but usually isn't a problem. I want to see it because it sounds like a cracker!

I can't even see the pic of the snake!! I'm on my phone but usually isn't a problem. I want to see it because it sounds like a cracker!

I've also noticed that tonight i can't seem to see some photos that others apparently can...

Never seen a diamond like the one in question, it's like a rich tawny brown colour with hints of orange

I reckon he might colour up really nice.....Look at the yellow near his nose.

Whilst I am far from an expert, there is definitely Diamond there. Is it pure?....Who really knows or can tell, but I think it will grow into a specimen that will pass as a very nice diamond. He does look a little browner in places, but Diamonds will not show their full colours until they are much older anyway, and photography can change the tones in subtle enough ways to make them look different.

I have seen plenty others that look like this fellow that are called Diamonds without any questioning.

It looks alot different in appearance with an adult

Diamonds as hatchy's look nothing like the adults. I even heard a seller at SOFAR Expo comment that they usually sell more Diamonds as yearlings than hatchy's as most people don't see the appeal in their colouring until they mature a little. I have one here that when I got him, you would be hard up to tell he was a Diamond....He has coloured up a little in the last 3 weeks, but nothing like his parents...and won't be until he is at least 12 months old.

I reckon you have yourself a nice Diamond there......

Try it now.

Yep, now I can see it. That looks like it will turn out really nice. Diamond IMO

Yep it's a diamond. You'll see it start looking more like you expect at around a year, and it will keep changing up until around 2 where it should actually look like you're expecting haha.

Way too soon to tell if it will turn yellow, as in Diamond, or brownish, as in many intergrades - you'll have a fair idea in another 6 or 8 months. As for the rosettes getting smaller as the snake grows - that's just not true. The pattern will remain as is for the life of the snake, only the colouring will change as the snake ages.

Jamie

Of course its a diamond just have a look at all the other diamond pics on here and it fits right in with the Special ones :)

Im quite jealous, thats a gorgeous little Diamond.

It says he is in NSW.. having a username "tasdevil" doesn't mean he is in Tasmania.. :rolleyes:

Im quite jealous, thats a gorgeous little Diamond.

It says he is in NSW.. having a username "tasdevil" doesn't mean he is in Tasmania.. :rolleyes:
He must have recently changed his profile because when I wrote what I did there wasn't any location on his profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back