tub heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonlovers

Reaction score
hey everyone,
i recently brought a 90L tub cause i need to sell my double encloure to get my pvc ones, but i cant get the heating of the tub past 26 - 28? i am using a 20 watt heat cord i think, cant actually remember the watt of it.
how can i get higher temps? should i get a high watt cord or heat mat?

any help would be great.
cheers.

get a cord with higher wattage. my 2 stimmies in click clacks are heated by a 100w heat cord and its boss. im actually a bit worried the thermostat will fail and they will get cooked. touch wood.

Hey, get an 80watt heatcord from the Herp Shop and wire it on a digital thermostat. 20watt wont be getting hot enough.

The wattage makes no difference in heat output...the higher the wattage the longet the cord...eg 60w = 7.5m.....80w = 9m and 100w is normally 12m.....if u doing 2 x tubs then run the 80w and make sure the cords r doubled or trebled at 25/30 mm apart max..........I should know as ive made this mistake before and i had low temps......but sorted now

The wattage makes no difference in heat output...the higher the wattage the longet the cord...eg 60w = 7.5m.....80w = 9m and 100w is normally 12m.....if u doing 2 x tubs then run the 80w and make sure the cords r doubled or trebled at 25/30 mm apart max..........I should know as ive made this mistake before and i had low temps......but sorted now

Tested this a while ago, my 80watts get a LOT hotter then my 20watts, it does affect heat mate.

Tested this a while ago, my 80watts get a LOT hotter then my 20watts, it does affect heat mate.
Not getting into a fight...been working with electrics all my life .....different brands vary...Eg. if they for example r the ones that have a coloured line (and u will know the make ) then they get hotter as all the others have reducers between the power cable and cord........MY statement about wattage over lenght is correct whatever u think.....I dont need mates ta :lol:

I use a 7 watt heat matt [ with built in thermostat] under my 55lt tubs and they work great .

Not getting into a fight...been working with electrics all my life .....different brands vary...Eg. if they for example r the ones that have a coloured line (and u will know the make ) then they get hotter as all the others have reducers between the power cable and cord........MY statement about wattage over lenght is correct whatever u think.....I dont need mates ta :lol:

Might be confusing 2 different things, all i know is when i run 80watts without a thermo my tubs sit at like 45c, you may be right but when feeling the 2 there is so much difference.
Not intending to start an argument but the initial problem was not enough heat and the ones they sell at the Herp Shop, the wattage/heat is considerably different.

I had trouble recently heating a 55 litre tub with a heat mat - the tub was the type that had plastic ribbing on the bottom and prevented the heat mat from directly contacting the (underside) floor of the tub.

I have not had any issues with getting temps correct on the (internal) floor of a tub when using a lower wattage mat when it has been in direct contact with the underside floor of the tub itself. If there is an air gap I struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back