Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcranston

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering how many of your lizards are going down for winter into brumation already?
My Central Bearded Dragons have slowed down considerably in the past 3-4 days, not interested in eating and just hiding under the newspaper all the time.
Their tank temps and light durations haven't changed, but maybe the cooler nightime temps have set them off, what do you all think?

Mine have started to slow right down as well. Same as you I haven't changed the temps. I think mine are also getting ready to go into brumation.

My pygmies beardies are already out cold, they did the same thing last year and the female was asleep for over 5 months, only lost a few grams in this period

A few of mine are burrowed in, no mater how hard I'm trying to keep em awake (youngsters)

yeah 2 of my female centrals are down, a few are slowing down but 2 of my boys are still wide awake.

Yer, all mine down and have been for a couple of weeks. I'm in SW Vic on the coast, been getting cool down here for a while.

my oldest central had a few little sleeps but wide awake now & one of my pygmies has been snoozing a bit but all the others are still up and about

my adults have gone down this past week,my little ones r still going strong

Yep my mates are all down and as are a few littlies which he is attempting to keep awake as they need to put on size first.

do angleheads brumate at all im keeping mine out as there bubz but in the wild does any one know that?

They don't brumate as such but they do slow right down.

yes very interesting it seems a lot of arboreal species seem to do that do you reckon I should introduce heat to emulate normal temps or just keep them slowed up they do have really good weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back