Pics of Bearded Enclosures Please :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harlemrain

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I'm really keen on getting a central bearded dragon and I've been researching for the past couple of weeks, bought a tank to start getting ready last night and I'm fairly confident I have covered all the basic on what/what not to do.

The only thing that I'm not real sure on is how to set up the tank with sufficient heating, UV lighting and also ensuring that humidity levels don't rise too high.

I was think having an open top with heat cords under heating tiles along the bottom to maintain the overall 30-33 degrees with the basking spot of 40 degress being supplied by a ceramic lamp.

Is the UV light generally supposed to be over most of the tank or is it the same principle of a basking spot?

Also has anyone ever used a heat chord with the thermostats that just plug straight into the wall and heat lamp and have a thermometer that you place in the desired location or will I have to get something different? Never used a heat chord before :lol:

Lastly has anyone got some pics of their setup they can show me? Need some inspiration

Thank you all :)

Heelllooo?? I know you're out there!!!! C'mon all you beardie lovers you must have some words of wisdom or enclosures to show me :D

Ill start it off :) Mine from a few years ago I dont have them anymore as I sold them but I will be getting back into them soon.

Attachments

• DSCN1424.jpg
    DSCN1424.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 101
Just a coupe of mine. These are old pics will have to update as they have changed a fair bit from the early days

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 2011-11-05 15.56.26.jpg
    2011-11-05 15.56.26.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 94
Just a coupe of mine. These are old pics will have to update as they have changed a fair bit from the early days

Love that last one especially, is that a tile on the floor with heat chord underneath it? How do you regulate this or is your thermostat wired in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back