Scale rot, burn or worse? please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOZ4R2

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Im new to snakes so please dont go off.
I bought a female spotted 1 month back with a apparent old burn that was healing. Such a beautiful snake she is so i took her home. Recently she would NOT get out of the water and her tummy scales where flakeing off :(.
I cant put pics on here as i only have my mobile but i can email. Xx

If she has a burn wound, you should not allow her to get wet. Water can get trapped under the skin causing infection that can be quite hard to treat. I would be taking her water off her, give her a small bowl for drinking water. Keep her dry. But if the wound is well healed, then getting wet probably wasn't detrimental. But she will continue to shed fairly regularly until she is completely healed. The skin will be flakey at the wound site. Don't try pulling it off. Each time she sheds, it will lift off by itself.

If you have the app tapatalk you can post the photos up quite easily from your phone..
or email them to yourself and upload of your computer??

Its hard to give accurate advice without seeing the problem, it would just be an educated guess.

u7e2avyb.jpg

Sent from my LG-E612 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back