python & a waterfall?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tianaa19

Reaction score
hey guys :) I was just wondering if I could put a waterfall in my stimsons python enclosure? or a south-west carpet python enclosure? or even any python in WA that can have a waterfall in their enclosure? I own a stimsons python but I've heard they shouldnt have a waterfall because of the humidity, is that true? thanks!

No way. I also live in WA and the only Herps that could live with a water fall without resulting in sadness would be turtles and amphibians we are aloud to keep. It looks cool and whatever but you need to do your research If someone can be bothered to explain why you shouldn't keep a WA python with a waterfall. Just remember the snakes we are aloud to keep are all from arid zones besides the southwest carpet python which typically finds the least humid and hottest spots.

Bohdi.

The other factor is that you cannot control a snake's movements.
If it chooses to partially lay/perch under the waterfall or simply just pass through it...well you can imagine water splashing where it shouldn't.

Go Ahed - Add the Waterfall

I respectfully disagree entirely.

While snakes from arid regions do not generally have contact with water, there are always desert canyons and springs. Snakes in arid regions do seek & find water whenever they can. They also love to soak if they are able. (A 30-minute soak is said to kill all surface mites.)

No, they would not normally have one, but will love the diversity and moisture option. Just make sure that they have separate, dry hide spots and that they cannot in any way drown in the water (hard to do).

Like a new fashion or haircut - you can always remove it later if you do not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back