Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bredli hatchling

This is my bredli hatchling about 2 months old.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 119
Some of my hatchlings from last season...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 133
My little 100% HET male Darwin Carpet python. Born and bread here in Darwin. :)

Exactly 6 months and 2 days at 68cm's nose to tail tip. Is this a good size or is he too small or large for a Darwin?

IMG_3841_zpsb0db9247.jpg

IMG_3967_zpse451d43a.jpg

Exactly 6 months and 2 days at 68cm's nose to tail tip. Is this a good size or is he too small or large for a Darwin?

was he in the middle of eating or is his throat normally like this, if this is normal he needs urgent veternairy assistance that could be something fatal! he doesn't look 70 odd cm's did you measure his last slough (shed)? all snakes grow at different rates depending on feeding but he sounds about right. what are you feeding him and how often?

As said already, the swollen throat is not normal and could very well be a fatal problem.
It is probably a good idea to get to the vet ASAP. It could be a respiratory infection or even a abscess.

I bought a hatchling Roughie that turned out to have a abscess in her tongue cavity. It swelled up very similar to yours.

My Bredli hatchling "Zeus"

untitled.png
My Bredli hatchling "Zeus"

Last edited:
In that photo he hadn't eaten yet. (Feeding day was the next day.)

Feed him once a week on pinkie rats at the moment. When I measured him I measured him on a tape measure, not from his shed. His last shed was about 2 months ago now.

I'll definitely get it checked out, but he's been like that from the day he was born 6 months ago and eats, sheds, poops and behaves fine like my Children's did which does not have a throat like that.

When your snake had this issue was he eating, shedding a pooping normally too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back