Freighting my Shingleback from Sydney to Brisbane - is this set up sufficient?? HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby-van

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yo guys,

Freighting my Shingle (with AAE) from Sydney to a buyer in Brisbane.. was planning to put the lizard in a pillow case, then placing him in a PLASTIC click-clack container, and taping it shut just for double security.

Is plastic fine, or do I need a WOODEN enclosure? I am finding conflicting info everywhere I look.

I'm looking to hear from someone who's freighted (preferably to Brisbane) before.

Thanks guys!

Yes for some strange reason the AAE regs do say a wooden box for lizards whereas snakes can go plastic unless venomous. I've freighted lizards lots of times including Brisbane from Sydney. I've done it in both types of container and as long as its strong and secure the AAE seem happy to accept either. I do however prefer wood as its not so likely to heat up if left in the sun (even a short period in a plastic click clack is dangerous). You can get wooden craft boxes in Bunnings. However it's probably going to be too small for a shingleback so you may as we'll go plastic and we are moving to the cooler time of the year. I suggest though you secure the lid with some cable ties - just drill some holes in the tub and lid and thread the tie through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back