Blood in our Carpet Python's poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopertown

Reaction score
If anyone can help me out on this one . Cooper last ate a thawed Rabbit on 29th January 2013, it was his first Rabbit after only having Thawed Rats. He has still been very active and hunting at night but has not eaten any of the thawed Rabbits, Rats that we have offered him. Last night he did a very small poo and we noticed there is blood in it. I am getting quite worried that he is not eating but to have blood in his poo has now got me really worried. He is five and a very placid boy. We have had hims since he was only 10 days old. I would really appreciate any help on this one as I live in quite a remote town and the vet here has said he is not up to scratch on snakes health.
Cheers

Take the stool sample to the vet, he should still be able to test it for protozoans and parasites.

A BHP of mine had a similar problem and we eventually discovered a tumour near the lung. The vet said it can also be caused by feeding overly large prey or intestinal blockages.

What are your temps like? Can you post a photo of the problem?

Thanks heaps for that. We are going to try contacting Nev in at Emerald Pets,he has been a huge help with getting Cooper to feed and any other little probs we have had. But he is 2 hours away, hopefully he will also be able to give us some helpful advice . Sorry I can't post a pic of the stool as I cleaned it out after I found it. We have our tank on 28 atm . We just tried again tonight to feed him a thawed rat after he was very actively moving around his tank, but again he showed no interest at all.

What do you mean by having your tank at 28? Does this mean the warm spot or all over temp? You should have a warm basking spot of 32-33 for a carpet (I am making an assumption on the species as you did not specify) and then a cooler end to allow him to thermoregulate properly. Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't think you'll get too much more useful info from a forum as he probably needs to be seen by a vet and examined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back