another DIY tv cabinet/enclosure thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
just thought i would let you know that a shed of a snake can be up to 1 3rd bigger than the snake so i would say around 4ft.

Thanks, never knew tht, I had him outside today and he was enjoying the sun.have put down a tape measure beside him as a rough guide but he never wanted to play the game

After I got the glass sitting how I wanted, i decided to cover the outer side of the air vent holes with mesh and a wooden frame.dont know why I chose to do it this way as it would of been easier and faster to go with the plastic vents, guess I like to make things lol .after cutting all the timber to size it was now it was time to stain the bits n pieces ( piece of pine for bottom track to sit on, the frame pieces for the mesh and the bare pine on the cabinet itself where I cut it away for the glass to sit flush)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 167
image.jpgimage.jpgSo the stain is a tad different but will do.i took the door in to bunnings so we could match it,we picked the closest they had. Yes i could of sanded everything back an stained it all, but it wasnt a big deal for me and I know the snake won't mind.so frames are stained and stapled together and the piece of pine put in place with the bottom track attached

image.jpgimage.jpgAttached the frame to the outside. Gave it a clear coat on the inside,and also siliconed up all the corners, left it for a long time (easily 4 weeks ) so all fumes were goneski.

WOW this is amazing, everyone reading this will look at every TV cabinet they see thinking "That would be an epic enclosure".
Can't wait to see the end product.

WOW this is amazing, everyone reading this will look at every TV cabinet they see thinking "That would be an epic enclosure".
Can't wait to see the end product.

thanks. but for some reason about a week and a half ago when i tried to add another photo it said im not allowed to upload pics as the file size is to big?? all pics have been taken on my phone and never had this message come up before, so im going to have to transfer them all to computer and then resize them, a pain in the backside as i just started a new thread with a pic, and that took 10 mins to get the pic the right size lol. was so much more easier and quicker for me to work from my phone

soooooooooooooo hope this works and the pic isnt to small.
now have to move all my photos from my phone to the computer and then resize them all in order for me to post pics on here
anyway in went the heat lamp. i know some dont like the big cage inside their enclosures, it doesnt worry me thats its in there and im sure the snake doesnt mind, its there for a purpose. also as you can see i added a branch (but that will be another pic)

IMG_2590.JPG

Looking good so far. I bet your bredli will love it. Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Ok this is getting me frustrated now lol, cannot post pics from my phone as all of a sudden they r to big and need to be resized which I have never had to do before.so last pic was from the computer.
the pic never showed straight away like all the others tht iv posted in this thread but instead this time u have to click on *IMG-2590* I checked the pic after I posted and it had worked.now I'm on my phone and have checked this thread and for some reason this pic has all of a sudden turned,what is going on???

It seems the forum may have an issue with pics that admin may need to look into.

Some patience may be required while its being looked into :)

It seems the forum may have an issue with pics that admin may need to look into.

Some patience may be required while its being looked into :)

thanks jax :)
another thing that may help you in figuring out what's is going on , I just posted a pic in my other thread "I want one of these" and the same *IMG* came up.this didnt happen on th 1st pic in the same thread, after I uploaded it in th manage attachment section it showed up as a cartoon type question mark an I now see that my picture in my DIY Thread has turned into the same type question mark hope this helps you

looks good mate. love the "work bench" in one of your pics :D

If you wanted to add water in there, you could find a round plastic tub and cut a hole into the floor so the tub just sits in the hole, easy to take out to clean etc

looks good mate. love the "work bench" in one of your pics :D

If you wanted to add water in there, you could find a round plastic tub and cut a hole into the floor so the tub just sits in the hole, easy to take out to clean etc

You had me wondering so I had to go back and look at this " workbench " lol yes unfortunately there was no bench at all in the garage so I had to find other things to act as a bench lol have moved house and luckily now have a bench.
hole in the floor trick sounds good. I have a water bowl in there at the moment and when I get my lazy butt into gear I was going to build something to go around the bowl, like more fake rocks

Fake surround is easy enough to do, remember to make it wide at the base, it stops it getting knocked over.

This one just lifts off the bowl and I switch it with a clean one ($2 cake container) I bought a few so if one cracks I've got spares :)

amezesyq.jpg

Fake surround is easy enough to do, remember to make it wide at the base, it stops it getting knocked over.

This one just lifts off the bowl and I switch it with a clean one ($2 cake container) I bought a few so if one cracks I've got spares :)

amezesyq.jpg
looks good. I actually brought a ceramic dog bowl for him lol was gonna make something to fit around it but now the tank is finished I just haven't been motivated to do it.
also you haven't found out if theres a problem with uploading any pics?? I was going to put up the last of them but all the hassle I've been having is really putting me off from doing so

Pics are no problem from taptalk
Give it a try, what's the worst that can happen '

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back