Two storey enclosure. Needing ideas please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woma_Wild

Reaction score
I have a second hand enclosure and I am wanting to make it a 2 story home for my girl.

As she is such a clumsy climber I'm wanting to build a ramp for her to go from one floor to the next.

And here lies my problem. I can't seem to come up with HOW to do it.

DSC04287.JPG

Enclosure is 4 x 2 x 2ft.

A hole with a branch would not work in her case.
Any design ideas would be very welcome.

Have you considered cutting a square out of on of the back corners and making a ramp down into the bottom section? You see a lot of rabbit/ferret cages using this design.
Making the ramp run diagonally from the top to the bottom along the back would reduced to steepness of the climbing angle.
View attachment 288918

Are you intending to make a background with a few steps up. It would be easy using PU foam ( spray foam )and grout or cement, I just seal 3mm MDF and shape PU on that to whatever form you want eg rocks, branches i even tried to make a small fig tree to hide a water filter forour frogs

i have a two storey enclosure but insted of a branch or a ramp i have a large flexible tube that goes from the floor on the bottem to the second storey floor. or you could try doing a rock feature with expanda foam that goes up on an angle to reach the second floor.

i have a two storey enclosure but insted of a branch or a ramp i have a large flexible tube that goes from the floor on the bottem to the second storey floor. or you could try doing a rock feature with expanda foam that goes up on an angle to reach the second floor.

3 good ideas here. thank you.
saintanger, do you have a photo ?

I have a woma in this, but a nice log provides access to the top. She loves to climb all day long. You could make something like that

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366689897937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366689897937.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 238
This is it now. Paper is a LOT cheaper and easier. (and safer) but I do miss the natural look. You could have a log like this, she easily climbs around

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366705202935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366705202935.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 218
thank you for all the ideas.

I may just try my hand at making a background and building in a ramp or something.
If it doesn't pan out, guess my girl will only have a single story and I'll just have to get another woma for the bottom level.
well I can't let it go to waste can I? lol

tried posting pics for you but can't get anything to upload at the moment.

Have you considered cutting a square out of on of the back corners and making a ramp down into the bottom section? You see a lot of rabbit/ferret cages using this design.
Making the ramp run diagonally from the top to the bottom along the back would reduced to steepness of the climbing angle.
View attachment 288918

this is the way I'm going.
I will built the ramp into the background that I'm making. ( or at least that's my plan) lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back