Exo terra and gtps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TA1PAN

Reaction score
Hi everyone i believe there are a few people on this website that have complained in the past about how hard it is to get correct humidity/temperatures in the Exo Terra Terrariums. I will be honest there was some trial and error but i can now i say i am happy with the outcomes i am getting with this setup.

i spray my greens at around 8am every morning, the humidity rises to around 95% this stays like this for most of the day and slowly drops to around 80% by the time i get home 6pm.Over night it may drop down to 75%.

i will attach some pictures below showing what i had to do.

1. cover the top of the screen mesh as much as possible,I used some off cut laminate board. (This makes a huge difference)

View attachment 289016

2.Kritters crumble coarse as substrate. (this holds humidity really well)

3.Exo Terra 75 watt infared globe hooked up to a B1 Dimming thermostat.Temperature set to 31Deg.

4. As you can see in the below pic i like to cover the sides/back of terrarium with Exo terra hanging plants. (this not only looks good but helps with privacy).

View attachment 289017

5. I also use pvc pipe as perches shaped into a small ladder, i find this is easy to remove when cleaning terrarium.

6. Over-rall picture

exo terra double.jpg

Thanks Chris

i have also ordered a Exo terra monsoon mister as i got one rather cheap. Will be interesting how the humidity will be once this has been installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back