Dual enclosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motomatt84

Reaction score
Hi guys thought I would share my Dual enclosure build. Made from Pine with malamine floors. Took a couple of weekends but its my first ever enclosure and i think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you all think :)

pymyje8a.jpg
qunyzaru.jpg
qa5umaty.jpg
vymutetu.jpg
3ezu6yge.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That is really nice mate. I would have liked to see it stained instead of painted but still really nice. How heavy is it?

That is really nice mate. I would have liked to see it stained instead of painted but still really nice. How heavy is it?

Thanks mate. Yeah I agree staining would have been nice but none of my furniture is stained pine so would look out of place in my house. it is quite heavy but it is pretty big. 2 guys could move it quite easily.

Thanks mate. Yeah I agree staining would have been nice but none of my furniture is stained pine so would look out of place in my house. it is quite heavy but it is pretty big. 2 guys could move it quite easily.
Yeah I guess that is one thing most people don't think about, fitting in with existing furniture. What are going to be the show snakes in this enclosure?

Yeah I guess that is one thing most people don't think about, fitting in with existing furniture. What are going to be the show snakes in this enclosure?

Yeah the wife said i could build it as long as it looked nice and went with the furniture. Got to keep her happy. I have a couple of nice coastals at the moment but hoping to get an Albino Darwin or a nice RPM.

great job I want to build one soon but a 6bank enclosure, I hope it turns out as fancy as yours did

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

All i can say is "WOW" that is fantastic could you please add some dimensions and the app cost of the pine lining boards for the job... damn you should make and sell them for a living, i have seen units that don't look 1/2 as good as that going for $1000...............................(jealous) Ron

Where did you get the pine lining boards ? Can't seem to get them at Bunnings

All i can say is "WOW" that is fantastic could you please add some dimensions and the app cost of the pine lining boards for the job... damn you should make and sell them for a living, i have seen units that don't look 1/2 as good as that going for $1000...............................(jealous) Ron

thanks Ron. the timber all up was pretty cheap. Around $150. IT IS 1450mm long by about 550mm deep and each one is about 600mm high. Overall height of about 1600mm. the most expensive part was the glass and runners which i had custom made for around $200 but it gives a nice classy finish and i think well worth the extra coin. Not to mention the glass slides so smoothly.

That looks awesome. Are you a cabinet maker?
What was the final cost of materials?

I have a mate who is a glazier and he got them made up for me. they are aluminum and they are on rollers so they are really smooth and give the enclosure a bit of class (well i think so anyway)
I am pretty sure cowdry , the people who make a lot of the glass runners that people on here use have a similar runner to what you used and it is designed for bigger pieces of glass that are a lot heavier so they are easier to slide. And it has done the job you asked of it because it does make the whole thing classy.

That looks awesome. Are you a cabinet maker?
What was the final cost of materials?

Thanks Saximus. im not a cabinet maker but I enjoy getting hands on with things. especially building things.
All up including materials, glass, thermostats, light fittings and cages it cost me around about $650. A little pricey but i did it properly and i think its worth it.

Haha thanks mate. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm definitely not a cabinet maker far from it actually Haha

It's alright, i'm just jealous cause i still haven't worked out how to cut a bit of wood straight.. ;) I can put them together alright but if I have to cut it myself.. forget about it, it'll end up being built from gap filler.

Thanks Saximus. im not a cabinet maker but I enjoy getting hands on with things. especially building things.
All up including materials, glass, thermostats, light fittings and cages it cost me around about $650. A little pricey but i did it properly and i think its worth it.

well done mate! Where do I order one?

I think you should definitely post a thread, step by step how you made this! It's fantastic !

Oh wow! That is just pure awesome :D Well done!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back