is it ok to keep small frogs in chinese containers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womagaunt

Reaction score
so i might be looking at getting some frogs but if i do they will be pretty small and was wondering if its ok to keep them in chinese containers untill they grow bigger (the container i am looking at using is around 9cm high) cheers :)
p.s the reason i am asking is because i dont like the idea of keeping a small frog in such a big setup :)

As long as you add a bit of fried rice and soy sauce I think it would be fine.

While they are little froglets a Chinese container would be all right, maybe U could get one of those plastic small pet cages they come in all sizes from a pet shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether you use that or a 2L PET (softdrink) bottle or a small plastic storage container like Dècore or whatever is not what is important. What is critical is that the animals are kept in a moist environment but their liquid wastes are not allowed to build up because this will kill them. This might involve addition of a moisture absorbent substrate such as sphagnum moss or daily rinsing of the container etc. Such small containers must be considered as temporary at best. Even the smallest of metamorphs do better in a larger enclosure that allows the biological conversion of their ammonia wastes to nitrites and then nitrates.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back