Red ackie escaped!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieBloke

Reaction score
:( Hi everyone, sad to come home yesterday from work to find our two baby red ackies had gotten out of their enclosure! and we have no idea how?!
I keep them in my basement with my other reptile and the place is full of hiding places and it seems impossible to find them but we somehow found one! but we are stressing and really want to find him! i have set up a hot spot outside the enclosure to try lure him back.

If anyone knows of any tips or tricks of luring them out i would greatly appreciate it!
We want him back!

maybe set a trap with some food in a box and a box over the top with sting and a stick and when he does in pull the sting and there u go the stick goes down and he is traped

try a clear container with woodies in it and leave it on the floor and sit there and wait if he see's the moving bugs he might come out.

It will be wedged in somewhere. If its a cool spot it's likely to stay put. I once lost two ackies and after pulling everything out with no success I tried to "think like an ackie..." "So they got out here, fell to the floor, would follow the walls, found the gap under the door, followed the edge of the building, followed the retaining wall to the garden, started to feel cool, looking for a spot to hide, went under the garden ornament....and yes there they were both together under a garden gnome!"

Another ackie went missing for many months between May and December. Was rediscovered in my daughters bedroom basking in a beam of sunlight through the window. It started off in the garage which is a separate building!

I've had a couple escape, never had any luck luring them out unfortunately. But, I've managed to track them all down using 'think like an ackie' Bob described and a lot if time searching. The missing one will be tucked away somewhere and probably won't come out. Systematically go through everything.

Without making changes to the enclosure, they will be out again very quickly. They will remember how they got out! If the head fits, the body will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back