Weird bug id

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_oakford

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I found this weird bug thing what is it. I found it in Newham Victoria when I put my finger near it, it put its pincers up like that it's a bit under a centimetre and it's lingers are red but my camera is poop :p I found it a about 8:30 in the morning I don't know what other info I need?

No-one will be able to give you a proper ID without a pic and with such little detailed info. Out of all the bugs there is, it could be many of them. It's like saying you're looking for a guy with black hair and a tattoo, and wanting to know who he is. A lot of people fit that description, and you won't like find who you're after.

segegyqe.jpg

This was more then a centre meter not sure if its similar ?

Looks like a scorpion missing its tail :?

first looks like a water scorpion and the second a pseudoscorpion

Psuedoscorpion? That's a new one for me lol thanks for the help I'll Google it :) I've never seen one before and I wasn't game to touch it lol it was actually on a table I've got no clue how it got up there considering its got metal legs haha but again thanks for that :)

They often latch onto flies and use them as a method of getting around.

Commensalism_Pseudoscorpions_on_fly_legs_DP169_1.jpg

Well picked Brownhash, and wasjig you got them both. Well done!

It is indeed a pseudoscorpion. Most are very small and go unnoticed. Some occur in houses feeding on mites and small insects that are a nuisance. “A bit under a centimetre” js definitely on the extra large size with these guys.

Blue

Love that pic of the pseudoscorpion on that fly :) so he/she was a big one??? Far out that's crazy I'm actually really glad I got to see that little guy getting around gee he really did act like a normal scorpion.

I'm wondering do any of you guys maybe know what genera it is?

correct me if im wrong but it is from the arachnid family only difference is it breathes using spiracles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back