Great Idea?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiieen

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just had an idea of putting a piece of perspex covering the whole bottom of the enclosure and siliconing it in so it doesn't move. It would save the bottom alot of "wear and tear" and also be alot easier to clean. Just wondering if anyone else has done this or not? Hope I inspired some ;)

Why not just put a piece of heavy black builders polyethylene on the bottom? Heaps cheaper, and you can just lift it out with everything still on it when you want to discard the rubbish. You wouldn't have to, but you could replace it every time if you wished to.

Jamie

That could also be an idea :)

I haven't thought to much of the pro's and con's haha

I guess you would want to make sure the corners are sealed so urate does not get under it and rot the wood. Jamie I would think for your idea to work well the plastic would have to be stuck down to prevent the snake from getting under the plastic and defecting which defeats the purpose and if it is suitably stuck down it may be a pain to remove on a regular basis.

I siliconed perspex to the bottom of my chondros tank, mainly to keep as much moisture from the wood as I can, as I give the substrate a good soakdown every now and then. Doesn't really make a big difference, Jamies idea would be more efficient and easier.

i use a thick layer of newspaper under thick plastic, (plastic table cloth stuff from the $2 shop) and then put my substrate on top (oz pet and wood shavings)

the newspaper soaks up anything that makes it under the plastic, not that much makes it under the plastic.

Some more great idea's :)
I was just thinking of how easy click clacks/tubs are to clean and thought why not put plastic on the bottom it would be easier to wipe down.

Depends what your tank is made of. Mine are melamine, so perspex makes little difference.

that is a great idea! I might have to look into doing that with mine :) thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back