GTP enclosure questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileKev81

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a display cage for my GTP. I have found one that I like which is made from raw wood. It is 3ft tall x 2ft x 2ft. Person at the store advised me that the cage can be lacquered to handle the high humidity.

Can anyone suggest a good product to use, I'm assuming it will have to be non toxic. How many coats willi need to apply, and should I also seal the sections where the panels meet with silicone or something?
If I wanted to paint the interior black would I need to use a different product to seal it??

Also I am liking the look of those radiant heat panels as opposed to lighting, what do you guys use/prefer for your GTP's?

Thanks for any info
Cheers
Kev :)

Last edited:
I'm using a PVC enclosure for mine (when it grows up) with a heat panel. I've just got to deck it out and it's ready to go

I really wanted to get one of those but PVCReptileCages.com.au will only ship to syd if you order a minimum of 4 cages :(

Proherp heat panels are great. I wouldn't waste your money on a store bought enclosure you have to seal. Buy some materials and knock it up yourself, it will be cheaper and last longer. Look into celuka, or HMR melamine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back