Anyone else seeing Tool Live this Monday?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Virides

Tool is by far my fav band. I play atleast one of their CDs in the car weekly and have so for about 10yrs - I never get bored listening to their mastery :)

Myself and my cousin are going to see them live at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. 5 rows up the side of the stage... so effectively right next to the band :D

I missed out on the Lateralus Tour because I was too young to go, but I got my tickets this time :D

Anyone else going or have been in Sydney/Melbourne?

Saw them on Sunday night in Melbourne, great show! I have also been listening to them for a long time, the Lateralus tour was my first concert.

Lateralus has got to be my favourite Tool album. Its good to see that after the years they are still pretty tight. Oh and I won't give anything away but it was a pretty damn good set list.

Enjoy!

I was at the first monday show. Maynard was really sick and stuffed up a lot and kept needing to cough/vomit and stop singing. Also the band was really sloppy performance wise. But this made me like them more. They're human. They couldn't hear properly on stage... they stuffed up... they regained themselves. It was amazing.

This was my view... Front centre on the barrier.

27161_10151362120531268_1718121068_n.jpg

Yeah, Snowman, because what music you listen to really categorises you as a person. Do you also think that snake people are bogan scum? Because thats the stereotype too.

(Edit: it doesn't look like its centre of the stage but tool are different in that the singer and the drummer are up the back. You can see Maynard standing there to the left of the pic)

Ill be there Monday night but right at the back in the seats. Got the tix for my birthday as I didn't have enough $ to buy my own when they went on sale. I listen to Tool almost daily and have a portrait of Danny on my left forearm as he and a couple of other drummer who are on my arm also drive me to be a better drummer.

Well that was necessary... Please grow up, don't like it? Don't post.
Just giving an explanation as to why I'm not attending. I shall be enjoying my Vivaldi - four seasons.
The title of the thread did ask if I was going!?
Music and music taste actually says a lot about someone. Both psychologically and outwardly.
I did hear a bad review about them on triple j this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to but deftones beat it for me when I got a few unused tix at the sold out gig..
Wish I had time for both.

No. im not going,
I had to the Melb. gig last week because i was working there and i must agree with Snowman..
im not a fan of this genre either and was surprised to hear people calling this music 'heavy metal' lol..Im thinking more, 'slightly heavy emo'

No. im not going,
I had to the Melb. gig last week because i was working there and i must agree with Snowman..
im not a fan of this genre either and was surprised to hear people calling this music 'heavy metal' lol..Im thinking more, 'slightly heavy emo'

I think more progressive metal but slightly heavier than the sound of a poem ;)

I like tool but they are defs not metal lol

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Atleast with their performance not as good as it could be, it proved that they weren't just playing to a track :p

I am sure mistakes or not, im gonna have a good time :D

Btw, Probably not Bogan, they are American, so Redneck? lol Each to their own :) I actually like Classical (A mate of mine is a Conductor for the Dublin Orchestra) - My music tastes are universal i guess. I just prefer hard rock more so :D

its called alternate metal/rock!!! but its really hard to be specific with his style of music but he's pretty influenced by metal/rock

its called alternate metal/rock!!! but its really hard to be specific with his style of music but he's pretty influenced by metal/rock

The term escaped me for a while, all i could think of was "hard rock" lol..

"Alternative" was a term originally given to grunge type bands that were an alternative to mainstream music but fast became somewhat mainstream.

Why do you his and he's?
Maynard is a great lyricist and singer but majority of the time, all the music is written and then he comes along and works out his lyrics and vocals with the semi-final product.
Dont get me wrong, Maynard is a genius but the rest of the band (Adam, Justin and Danny) are genius' also.
I put them under the progressive metal/rock genre because all of the heavy/alternative rock/metal bands couldn't play an odd time signature if they tried.

Last edited:
Just giving an explanation as to why I'm not attending. I shall be enjoying my Vivaldi - four seasons.
The title of the thread did ask if I was going!?
Music and music taste actually says a lot about someone. Both psychologically and outwardly.
I did hear a bad review about them on triple j this week.
What other musical interests do you have other than classical? I think Tool are a newer rock version of Vivaldi, flamboyant and playfully exuberant.

"Alternative" was a term originally given to grunge type bands that were an alternative to mainstream music but fast became somewhat mainstream.

in a way yes some aspects of their older albums could be grunge or better yet (post grunge) but to me they are far from mainstream but it is alternative metal/rock not "alternative" the only bands i see fit that category albeit few alternative bands that turned mainstream like Nirvana... and R.e.m which signe to major labels but that just me but alternate metal/rock, progressive rock,prog metal, all seem very similiar

Last edited:
in a way yes some aspects of their older albums could be grunge or better yet (post grunge) but to me they are far from mainstream but it is alternative metal/rock not "alternative" the only bands i see fit that category albeit few (alternative) bands like Nirvana... and R.e.m which signe to major labels but that just me
Kurt Cobain killed himself because he did not like the direction the band was going. I was not disputing your description of Tool but just making mention to how the word meaning in music has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back