Need help Identifying this snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoby

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've been looking after my brother's dog at his house while he's away, and I woke up this morning and found this snake that the dog had killed. The house is in Carlton NSW (in suburban Sydney), so I'm assuming it's a dumped or escaped pet as I grew up in the area and have never seen a snake there before.

Does anyone kow the species? Thanks.

photo.JPG

Not an Australian species.

I am honestly poor at identifying non-natives, but it does look like a Corn Snake to me, which are the most commonly encountered escaped exotics in city areas.

cornsnake looks like a red okeetee

Colouration and patterning looks right for a Corn but it's massive if it is. Kinda hard to give a guaranteed id with the head in the state it is. Definitely not native though

yep a corn ! they are all over sydney thanks to irresponsible people that keep and let go illegal exotics.

Without a doubt, it's a corn snake. They would have to be the most commonly kept exotic in NSW, if not all of Australia.People normally buy them on impulse and don't no how to house them properly, leading to quite a few escapes.

Poor snake. Def a corn. Sad. What would you do if you found a live corn snake? Take it to the police or the local RSPCA?

Its an adult amelanistic corn snake and dead as a door nail

Dont yee at DECC look so forlorn
As here lies my little corn
Escaped at night and cruised around
Now hes laying dead on the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back