Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get a chance check out the southern end of the Park for a few days. In the east is more escarpment but west there is a completely different geology. Not as spectacular (so largely ignored) but really rich in life.
Yeah Steve will be going back soon hopefully and do plan to go around the south and Nourlangie etc

Wow, mat those are some awesome shots absolutly fantastic, im lost for words. Cant pick a favourite because they are all so good. Did u end up seeing any monitors and surely you would of seen some crocs.
Thanks mate!!! Yeah saw quite a few monitors. Panoptes, Mertensi, Mitchellii and Scalaris but didn't get many chances to photograph them unfortunatley. And yes HEAPS of crocs, mostly Saltys.

Yeah, I think it's a vestigiata. I can't give a definitive reason as to why, it's face just doesn't seem paupuensis to me.
Gus

Great stuff Matt! I really love the shot of that Greater Black Whip Snake, the photo really brings out the amazing colours on it.

BTW we just don't get enough crocs in the Yarra do we?

Awesome photos mate, I'm heading up there on June 1st for 2 weeks, can't wait to see what I can find

Yeah saw quite a few monitors. Panoptes, Mertensi, Mitchellii and Scalaris but didn't get many chances to photograph them unfortunately.

How were you differentiating between Mitchelli and Mertensi? On the basis of size alone, or markings as well? Any photos of Mitchelli at all?

How were you differentiating between Mitchelli and Mertensi? On the basis of size alone, or markings as well? Any photos of Mitchelli at all?
Mertens are bigger and even when juvenile, have a much bulkier look to them. the mitchelli was a lot smaller, and although juvenile, you could tell by its long and slender shape. and unfortunately it got away before we could get close enough for photos.

Hi nice photo's

Also just got back from NT, here I found this little guy in Kakadu (Ubirr).

Any ideas what it is?

IMG_9171.jpg

Amazing photos :) I can't choose a favorite, they are all so good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back