Do jungle carpet pythons eat each other?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katiejoe

Reaction score
I have (or had) 2 female and 1 male jungle carpet pythons, all between 6 to 7 foot long, in a roomy cage. I have just gone to feed them and one female is missing. I know they are good escape artists but this cage is, to me, escape proof. It has only been 2 days since I checked them. Please help if you know the answer to my question.:shock:

Im no expert but have you had another look in the enclosure, under or behind hides? Is there any where she could have got out

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

is there a background in the enclosure? if so check behind it even if it is sealed in there lol

you'd notice if they did. they would be bloated and all being of similar size I'd doubt the eater would survive. My money is they have escaped and are curled up somewhere in the room. Oh and yes if they are real hungry they would give it a good go. I have stopped many a hungry python from eating their own tail

There is a parallel thread to this one , they need merging together.

I doubt it as you would have noticed, most likely hiding in the enclosure or under another python. or could maybe have escaped.

Thanks everyone, the big male does look a bit fat, but he quickly gobbled down a large rat. I have searched the enclosure thoroughly but, just in case, I'll search the room. If she is hiding, I hope I find her before the missus otherwise I'll be on a different sort of page.

He looks fine, but are you fair dinkum about starting at their own tails?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have (or had) 2 female and 1 male jungle carpet pythons, all between 6 to 7 foot long, in a roomy cage. I have just gone to feed them and one female is missing. I know they are good escape artists but this cage is, to me, escape proof. It has only been 2 days since I checked them. Please help if you know the answer to my question.:shock:

I'm Sorry but is it bad this made me giggle a little? hehehe

If he was eaten though, you would have to be able to notice a difference in one of the other two. I hear they can be a pain to find, look for warm spots maybe? Behind a tv or something?

Good luck.... Defs not funny! :(

I've heard of king & milk snakes eating other snakes.... but haven't heard about jungles??

Thanks everyone, the big male does look a bit fat, but he quickly gobbled down a large rat. I have searched the enclosure thoroughly but, just in case, I'll search the room. If she is hiding, I hope I find her before the missus otherwise I'll be on a different sort of page.

He looks fine, but are you fair dinkum about starting at their own tails?

Its a bit like the dog lying down chewing a bone......when it stood up it only had three legs....But um, no mate that was a joke.

you might find him snuggled up at your feet when you hop into bed, hanging out in your living room on the blind holders or window seal watching tv... he more then likely got out or he was under the substrate if your using artificial turf or paper of some sort. we need to see pictures to come to an assumption. he more then likely got out so look in tight crevices and hot spots around your house.

So I'm not sure if this thread is a joke or not, but on the chance it's not, if the snakes are all 6-7 foot it would be painfully clear if one of the snakes had consumed another. If it's not, the only other option is an escapee.

Good luck.

Would the snake that ate another snake of similar size die? I have seen someone else post a picture of a hatchling that ate another hatchling and it died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back