Gu10 50w Halogen Hanging Fixtures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GU10. They are a great light, dimmable with a normal inline as their is no transformer. I was going to mount them on side wall but i reckon if i hang them off the ceiling and i want to remove them im not gonna have screw holes visible.

Rick
A lot of the 12v ones are dimmable as well

A lot of the 12v ones are dimmable as well

Dimmable with a different controller as was as i was aware, cant dim 240v to a 12v transformer. Im no expert tho but i thought they were more expensive then a normal dimmer.

Rick

Dimmable with a different controller as was as i was aware, cant dim 240v to a 12v transformer. Im no expert tho but i thought they were more expensive then a normal dimmer.

Rick
If you have a dimmable transformer and a dimmer suited it will work but I am not sure on the prices. I know if you were to use a magnetic transformer instead of an electronic transformer and an older "rheostat" type dimmer instead of the electronic dimmer it will work no problems.

Be very careful about burns, as monitors grow the beam of halogens can be too narrow and cause burns. If the monitor can't be completely under the beam it's time to use a wider faced light.

Be very careful about burns, as monitors grow the beam of halogens can be too narrow and cause burns. If the monitor can't be completely under the beam it's time to use a wider faced light.

This is why i was wanting to go 2 lamps in reflectors (those exoterra ones are perfect) and the ability to raise or lower the lamps, if these lamps dont end up being suitable once they grow i will use them for other species.

Im probably going to also run a 150w par38 or MVB for a basking spot up on their rock wall, giving as many options as i can.

Rick

Is there a 100w r7 (linear halogen) hanging fixture that anyone knows of, these may be a better lamp is its more of a flood then a spot like gu10 lamps.

Rick

Is there a 100w r7 (linear halogen) hanging fixture that anyone knows of, these may be a better lamp is its more of a flood then a spot like gu10 lamps.

Rick
I believe there is. Can I ask why you want the halogen to be dimmed? I am assuming for temperature control but I find that I just run my halogen on a timer and find that it will not heat up a large area so if the hotspot gets a little hotter than my dragon needs he will move in and out of the area as he would in the wild.

With a 16c room i will be fine with it on flat out, but if summer comes around and the room hits 30c like it did summer just past i will likely have an enclosure up around 40+ with 2 lights over 100w, planning on a mvb or another 100/150w light on background. House has evaporative cooling but it is hopeless with consective days over 35c.

Rick

Your website is reading-
"* Note: This fixture is only suitable for our 35w Exo Terra Halogen globes only." If they do indeed suit 50w as exoterra say im interested, exactly what im after.

Can ya do a better price on 4 posted to 5043?

Rick
Exo Terra only do a 35w (in Australia) that suits but it will definately take other 50w globes. Have sent PM with price

Last edited:
You can buy them from bunnings in the lighting aisle. You could also just buy a converter off eBay.

Picked up 2 150w halogens from bunnings today (flex flood, white $12). Going to modify a mount up for the one over the stack.

Couldnt find anything remotely like i wanted there, but theses should give off ample heat and globes are cheap.

Rick

Tested lamp on background and its giving some good heat :)
zy9a2ype.jpg

u9ubagur.jpg

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back