Beardie salad question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
I will be getting my hatchie soon and I was just wondering how much salad I should offer for the day I.e how big should the portion be. This worries me because I don't want to buy heaps of veggies in bulk just to have them go bad on me if they don't get used. Is it okay to make up salad for the week? Will the greens still be good? Thanks.

(also feel free to say what you feed your dragons as I can't seem to find any collard/mustard greens etc at Coles or woolworths)

I find most vegies last better if you store them in sealed tupperware type containers.
When I am time poor, I will make up my salad mixes for the coming week and it still stays pretty fresh.
Certain fruit and vege will brown or wilt once chopped or skinned though.

yeah the salad should last a week providing it doesn't have anything soft in it. From personal experience salads made in a container will last a few days in the fridge before things start to get a bit slimy. Just put out a little bit at a time and see how you go mate.

I usually chop my salad up at the start of the week and put it in a clip seal bag in the fridge. I usually keeps for the week except maybe the butternut pumpkin that will sometimes go a bit funny towards the end of the week. I only have one and put enough in his bowl that would cover the size of his belly area piled up. He never eats it all but there is not a lot wasted. I have not kept bearded dragons for long so maybe check with other members as well.

I use bok choy , mustard greens , butternut pumpkin , carrot and broccoli in small amounts as my main mix and occasionally give him some fruit.

Put either a clean chux wipe or paper towel at the bottom of the airtight container. It will soak up all the excess liquid and keep the salad fresher longer.

Talking about pumpkin. Can the have other pumpkins that aren't butternut?

Thanks

Sent from my woma python
using Tapatalk

So if I fed squash every second day and butternut when I could it will do better?

So normal pumpkins bad for them?
That's how I read it Anyway haha

Thanks

Sent from my woma python
using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back