Odd Beardy Position

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varanoidea

Reaction score
Hi guys, got my new beardy today, and so far he hasn't been interested in eating, but I assume this is just due to the move? Also he's managed to lodge himself up in the top corner of the enclosure.
Enclosure is 120 x 60 x 60 and his basking spot is 40+. Is this normal behaviour for a newly moved hatchie?

xKHN439.jpg

He's probably just scared and is finding a tight little cranny to jam himself into so he feels safe :)

Damn! That is one nice beardie enclosure! :shock:

He's just settling in and exploring. Very cute btw :)

i dont think u can use a thermostat with a mvb,

It isn't a MVB. Just a 100W Reptile One basking lamp. Thermometer says it is 40+ on the basking spot but I don't trust it, same with the thermostat. They were cheap and I will be buying more reliable ones.

Does it have a UVB source? They tend to hide a bit when you move them and it's also getting close to winter so it may be slowing down a bit. Great looking enclosure.

Ah yea I just noticed it's hard to see the UV tube on the roof of the enclosure.

Ahh ok, well it looks like you have a great home for it. Give it time and I'm sure it will come out, ours hid for a bit when we got them and now they are out most of the time.

Enclosure looks great but how warm/cold is that tile one the bottom? Baby Beardies love their heat. Try some sand on the bottom may bring him down

He's under the lamp holding his body up with his front legs, checking me out when I walk in, good stuff. :D

Thanks. He smashed down 20+ crickets this morning with calcium and is back in that position. I am pleased. :D

I love when they are small like that.. did you but the viv as a set up or buy all the bits and knock it up yourself? im glad your little guy is doing well. :)

JD

Setup looks great man, sure ya beardie love it. As we are coming into winter i would make sure the room your keeping him in stays nice an warm 20-25c or he may go off his food.

I love how much they eat at this stage, mine would smash 40-60 crickets a day (3 feedings) and grew like a weed, food+heat= growth :)

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back