way to burn

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffa_8

Reaction score
Well if this isn't a way for a snake to get a burn i dont know what is.
This snake is for sale on gumtree by the way

7078d6h_20.jpeg

what the heck have they bothered with a cage for!????? :?

To make sure it cooks evenly ;)

lol i shouldnt laugh. I seriously dont get how someone could be silly enough to a. allow that and b.to photograph it and share it with the world!

So should I assume for the snakes sake since we all here love snakes that someone if not more has sent a polite email to inform him that his snake is at risk of a serious burn and even make up a story about a guy you know had a snake that did this and got burnt to try and scare him to fix the problem.....?.Hmmm

Edit: I just sent a nice email to him and the response was
"Hi, Yes I no they burn, that section of tank light dosnt work but other side of tank light works but thanx. Can see how it would look"

Last edited:
It looks like a CHE as well. Is it a baby water python? Looks like a nice one, someone should buy/rescue the poor thing.

it could be a water python as the person said in their description that they had one for sale.

Just as well that side does not work, otherwise there would not be a water python for sale.

That would have be close to the worst example of a light cage I have seen to date. It is made from plastic gutter guard. The mesh size is totally inappropriate for excluding the occupant. It is so ridiculously close to the CHE that if the heating unit were used, it might melt the cage or it might even catch fire. At that distance an animal coiling around the cage when would still get burned if the CHE was turned on.

Blue

I hope for the fuscus' sake that the enclosure was only used as an interim measure & the CHE wasn't used. Although I have been guilty of using a CHE (appropriately caged) for my hatchy, with the knowledge I have now, I don't bother using CHE's for even juvenile snakes depending on enclosure. It's merely a waste of energy, low wattage heat mats/cords are so much more effective & efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back