diamond python in new aviary

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we are going to get some plugs for the sink but you will have to carry the water up yourself. i will definately add some insulation thanks.
there are some branches that lead to the nesting area and he goes in there all the time so i assume he can make his way up there

- - - Updated - - -

im going to steal a few of your ideas thanks. where did you get the steel roof? bunnings? i have 2 hides which i think is enough and if its too hot outside i have her old enclosure free to put her in.
Have you got a breeding pair in their or just 1

Just the female, I am a bit fussy so am having trouble finding her a QUALITY male. Alsonite roofing from Bunnings, just bought the one length and cut it and joined it for width coveridge and left a slight over hang to keep the rain out

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get these rock walls? How strong are they?

From here, a supply store and sponsor of this site.She is 1.8m long and she slithers on and accross the top of these with ease. I have left a small gap at the top for her to slither around on top. She is a very agile creature.
GPI-550a Background Boards 2 pc Set | Reptile Direct Australia

Last edited:
It's coming into winter now and I was just wondering if I need to supply any heat or wooden boxes for the cold.
Enclosure looks the same, their are a few more branches but soil didn't really work as the rain mixed it up.
I'm in sydney

We have friends on the south coast NSW with two Diamonds outside all year round with NO heating , both enclosures are built with a mesh wall facing north so there is plenty of warmth , these pythons have been outside for about 6 years . they have pebbles and pinebark as a substrate that would be warmer than your concrete .

Having said that why didnt you put the heating in the slab , as they do on all of those European bulding shows .:lol:

very nice setups, always wanted to do the avairy

We have friends on the south coast NSW with two Diamonds outside all year round with NO heating , both enclosures are built with a mesh wall facing north so there is plenty of warmth , these pythons have been outside for about 6 years . they have pebbles and pinebark as a substrate that would be warmer than your concrete .

Having said that why didnt you put the heating in the slab , as they do on all of those European bulding shows .:lol:

he has shavings in his hides but do you think that is enough or should i add soil on the bottom or pebbles?
were they put in their with no heating for the first winter?

the concrete floor is easy to clean with the hose and it would be a pain looking for a clutch of eggs through 1metre sq of dirt. measured temps and put aviary in cool position that only gets 4 hours of sun in the morning. the roof gets really hot but in side its cool. i am looking for some nice plants. thinking bamboo any other ideas
I think that you would find it hard to find a decent bamboo plant that is limited in height to the aviary.

I think that you would find it hard to find a decent bamboo plant that is limited in height to the aviary.

Yeh I found that out so I put some banana plants in and some rainforest plants. I also added thick bamboo that I cut down to size

chinese fortune bamboo doesn't grow as obnoxiously as most other variants, there are a few other non-obtrusive strains of bamboo also.

borntobenude - just for reference, how far south? I'm close to Nowra and have been playing with the idea of an outdoor diamond since they occur here naturally.

OP: Great job looks awesome, 'nake & the enclosure.

looks awesome mate you have done a great job.

I have the smaller version of this from bunnings, use woodchip layer on the floor, looks good and insulates from a cold or hot floor (depending on season). I also fit a sheet of plywood under the roof on the inside to insulate from summer sun, and some shadecloth on a section of the wire that can be raised or lowered depending on season. A large water bowl for the snake to fully submerse in and foam boxes are good for temp extremes. Midday shade in summer is ideal too. Nice Diamond mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back