finally got my controller type 2 permit ( snake/reptile catcher)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
hey guys finally got my snake catchers permit through after alot of messing around from the dse, so i'm excited about next season now that they have messed me around for so long i've missed this season. Now would like some ideas for an operating name , or hear names of some other catchers out there, all i can come up with is "WIMMERA SNAKE CATCHER" as thats where i live but would like something a bit better, any help would be appreciated

I'm really interested in getting my snake catching permit , do you have any info and good advice about it? Also is the course easy

So the wimmera now has two catchers.
Im in the same boat, all paid up, just awaiting license number.
You and I share a very large area.
We should catch up sometime.

Yeah no worries, where abouts are you located? And Matthew its not that difficult but I wouldn't even consider becoming a snake catcher unless you have prior experience dealing with vens,

Congrats! Will you guys be charging for callouts or conducting it on a volunteer basis?

yeh i 2nd i_V... wd guys,congrats..... can't say i'm too keen on the vens,as pythons still scare me a bit,only because of the bite fear factor i'd say :( so anyone who goes to the vens side kudos to you

Hey IV I'll be charging, can't not really any call out you go to is a far drive my nearest towns are 25,40, 40, 50 Km's away and horsham is 70kms so it would be a fair expense to me to do it for nothing. Especially if I leave work to do it.

It's a tricky one in country areas I've found. When in Armidale, many people simply refused to pay and said they'd deal with it themselves. Consequently, I volunteered with a wildlife organisation. At least they were able to refund fuel costs.

Good luck with it and keep us updated:)!

Yeah that is one worry I do have, especially as there has been no snake catchers here for so long people have been killing them it will be hard to try and change minds I think

WTG buddy it must have been a long haul getting the license, how about Red Dirt Reptile Relocations...........................Ron

Deffinately be charging, but only about half what the Melb guys do as people arent prepared to pay much out here
as they all have a father/brother/cousin/friend that will disspatch with the shovel.
Only thing we can do is try to educate, some hard mindsets to change in rural Aus.
Local council is prepared to subsidise pensioners, they have been great. (even paid for my course)
Cant wait till spring, bring on the EB's

Ha ha zanks after this year I don't think anything else exists out here, I'm actually looking forward to being called out for something that's not an EB.

How about: Mad as a cut Snake - Removals and Re-locations or The Wimmera's Mad Snake Catcher ?

it would be a hard job in the bush with the distances you have to travel and deal with rednecksbut its probably easier than having to drive across sydney in peak hour like i have to and pay $25 in tolls to get to a snake job,and still deal with people who are rednecks!!
could you contact me on Facebook at my page for Sydney Snake Catchers so we can chat about snake catching and share stories etc

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Snake-Catchers/162863620427801?ref=tn_tnmn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back