Bent tale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_juggalo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I got a small stimson python for my daughter and noticed that the tip of it's tail is bent at a right angle. It is only about 2mm but not sure if I should be worried or not
384136_10151284949531783_1980458356_n.jpg

I will be interested in the replies to this one. My Stimmie has the same thing.

I don't know if it was due to the breeder handling it wrong or not. How old is yours

Might have got injured. Looks like nothing to worry about except how it looks, which is barely noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't seem to bother it though it climbs up on things and moves freely, just worried it might be a major issue if left

Is it something it has had since you got it or did it develop it, I've only had mine for a week now and the whole time we have had it the tale has been bent

I have only had her for 3 months and she had it from the beginning.

If the bent tail concens you, take it to a vet. They can can give it a local anasethetic and straighten the bend.

Blue

had it checked and it is just a small bend that is from poor handling when little, was told it is very common but is an issue that wont worry the snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back