Important info for Knobbie keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just got back from central Arnhem Land and was reading the latest "biocultural" book for the area.

"DALABON Plants and Animals"

here is a quote

"Knob -tailed Gecko belerrk

Nephrurus spp.

This gecko might sodomise you. We have to sleep attentively, or that belerrk might sneak up on you."

I hope this is not too disconcerting for those Knobbie keepers out there :) Remember..... sleep attentively you mob.

Also for chameleon dragon malkkadjba

"It is a naughty lizard and often tries to be too friendly"

Well, you learn something new every day haha!

Last edited:
Not too worried about being sodomized by a knobbie.
Its the thick tails that hurt.

lol, best laugh i have had in a while.

i own multiple knobbies, rough nob tails and thick tails but all in secure enclosures most in my bedroom. now i know why they look at me funny wen i am getting into bed.

I see that's what the knob on the tail is for,....I knew I liked them from the start and didn't know why. ;)

The smooth knob tails sound ok but the rough knobbies might cause some issues.

You'd better hope your BHP doesn't get any ideas Steve.

The smooth knob tails sound ok but the rough knobbies might cause some issues.

You'd better hope your BHP doesn't get any ideas Steve.

I'm not letting him talk to any Knobbies and he cant borrow the book either. (actually the book talks about how tasty bhps are :))

LMAO I knew there was a reason why you knob tailed owners walk around like you have been violated.;)

I hope my leopard geckos don't catch wind of this. Or I'm in for some trouble.:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back