Is this a Jungle Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy23

Reaction score
I need help to investigate whether or not my new snake is really a JCP. I don't trust the guy who I got it from, but he told me its JCP and 12 months old. The patterns and colors look different (especially on the its sides), and it seems small for its age measuring a bit over 2 ft and pretty thin.

Here's some pictures of the parents and of the snake in question. The first two pictures are parents, the rest are mine.

Parent 1.jpg
Parent 2.jpg
All.JPG
Head.JPG
Back.JPG
Side.JPG

I could be wrong but it looks like a Cape York Jungle or a North-West Carpet. I have a Capey that I bought from the Snake Ranch and this is very similar. I've had a tough time finding out just what they are though. Whether they're a legit Jungle variation or an intergrade of Coastal and Jungle or Top End and Jungle... I've come to the conclusion they're simply Jungles. Leave it to the experts to decide once and for all. The Jungle Carpet can be different browns to creams to Gold and Black though. But those parents look like Centrals... Are you sure they're the real parents?

Last edited by a moderator:
No I'm not sure those are the real parents. Like I said, I don't trust the breeder. He was an odd guy. I also haven't seen the parents for myself because he delivered the snake to me.

Well I'd say he's definitely lied about the parents. But wait and see what the veterans here say.

why did you buy it if you didnt trust the bloke and werent happy with the snake , if its not what you want you shouldnt just buy a snake as a pet because you want one , (not directed at you, but go's for every one ) Buyer beware we are told this all the time ,you are just as much at fault for rushing in to a sale with out giving it to much though,t if your not happy with the sale dont go through with it ,

Yeah that's them. The parents are Darwins. They have the straight bands down their body.

Don't get me wrong, I love the snake, I just want to know what exactly I am in love with... haha

The parents are deffinetly Darwin's but I would think the baby would be either a cape or just a really nice looking jungle. what ever they are they all look like awesome pythons :L
Tristan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back