Housing 2 Bearded Dragon Hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobletins

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forums :) I got two central bearded dragon hatchlings 6 months ago, having hatched 2 weeks prior. Recently I have been trying to do some research on the growth rate of bearded dragons but haven't come up with anything too helpful, as one of my beardies is quickly out growing the other. The larger one is around 30cm and weighs roughly 65g whereas the smaller one is only 18cm and 20g.

They are both housed together in a 90 x 45 x 70 enclosure with a basic heat/uv setup with a thermostat to monitor the temperature. Currently I don't know the gender of either lizard but both eat a reasonable amount of crickets and vegetable mix, both of which are coated.

Just wondering if I could get some info on whether their growth differences are normal, or whichever gender they may be has an influence, or housing them together.

Thank you :)

Yep, more than likely the smaller one is being dominated by the bigger one. Separate them mate, its the only safe way to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back