bondi vet tonight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Tv has it right again. They are treating an exotic. ...... wait for it.... central bearded dragon..... for a lump on his back leg. Exotic? Are they ok in the head

At the beginning previews they said 'coming up. An exotic pet'. I thought hey they cant be serious unless its a zoo and its only a cbd

When you go to any vet they class any reptile as an "Exotic" an then there's a "Exotic" fee straight up.

'Exotic' in veterinary terms is different to how it is used in this forum. One definition of exotic is 'strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance' - to many parts of the population reptile are a strange or unusual pet.

The term "exotic" actually has several meanings but the two relevant ones are.... 1.Introduced from another country. 2. Not native to the place where found. We use the first one one exclusively in herpetological circles as this is the meaning used in government legislation relating to our hobby.

Blue

EDIT: Had a couple of posts come in while I was typing.

I would like to also point out to those in this thread that, like the pets on the show, not all Exotic Dancers are foreigners/introduced. I was able to confirm this after countless late nights of research and at great expense to myself. I guess all these years of work could have been avoided if I had bothered to use a dictionary. May you all learn from the sacrifices and mistakes I have made. :rolleyes:

I'll let you know when my research results are published so, like any good scientific experiment, you can repeat it yourself and add weight to my own findings. :D

Exotic also means unusual/uncommon. Not exclusively used as a term for overseas animals that aren't native.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back