show us your scrubbys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, for Joemal and Hamalicious, what do these snakes weigh in at? We have a Prossie Python who is 7ft and weights almost 5kg. I can imagine these guys would be a serious handful. Oh - and there's a few nice ones for sale in Melbourne right now.... check these forums sometime lol.

The Scrub in the photos in just uploaded was 14' long and 14kgs

Where are these scrubs for sale?

Not sure if this photo will work. It's a photo of a supposed albino Scrub python. It seems pretty obvious what it really is, ill let you guys make up your own minds.

IMG_6300.JPG

Just out of curiosity, for Joemal and Hamalicious, what do these snakes weigh in at? We have a Prossie Python who is 7ft and weights almost 5kg. I can imagine these guys would be a serious handful. Oh - and there's a few nice ones for sale in Melbourne right now.... check these forums sometime lol.

20130505_145820 (Small).jpg DSCN0138 (Small).JPG She is just under 15ft and last time i weighed her was before Christmas and she came in at 16kg .Blood pic is because i let my guard down and turned my back on her while she was feeding .I heard her drop her rabbit and as i turned around all i saw was a wide open mouth coming out the enclosure at me .Lucky i had a split second to flinch away or she would have got me right in the face where she usually tries to get me .She hit me hard enough to knock me back into the other enclosures .I was atleast 5ft or more from where she had her rabbit .Only a scratch this time but just goes to show you can never trust them no matter how "tame /placid" they seem to be .

what do you mean it's obvious what it really is? obvious that it's a paradox Amelanistic scrub or obvious it's a dog?:rolleyes:

Looks to me (and almost a dozen other people who looked at the pic) like someone has bred an albino olive and a scrub. That head looks exactly like an olives head.

sorry i was being ignorant, now looking back at the picture the head is much more narrow and olive like...:rolleyes:

All good mate, i don't know anything about the snake so i can't say anything for sure, it definitely looks like an olives head though imo

Its just an albino scrub python, that is all not mixing or conspiracy about it. The only reason the head looks funny is because it is one a different angle than normal. Also unless this is your picture or you have the consent from the owner of these snakes to make it public don't post it up. It is not fair on the owner of these snakes that he is not able to announce that they are for sale or release pictures when the owner is ready for it.
Cheers Cameron

Not sure if this photo will work. It's a photo of a supposed albino Scrub python. It seems pretty obvious what it really is, ill let you guys make up your own minds.

View attachment 289655

Where did you get this picture? Is it an Australian pic or from overseas? The pic isn't very good quality and without a proper look at the head scales it is hard to tell. The shape could just be due to the angle as could the thickness of the body.

If it is from overseas did anyone else think retic cross when they first saw it?

Where did you get this picture? Is it an Australian pic or from overseas? The pic isn't very good quality and without a proper look at the head scales it is hard to tell. The shape could just be due to the angle as could the thickness of the body.

If it is from overseas did anyone else think retic cross when they first saw it?
I think that baker from above you may know who owns the snake but might not tell you because it is still the owners secret.

I think that baker from above you may know who owns the snake but might not tell you because it is still the owners secret.

I just read his comment and it does sound like it. :)

I wasn't sure if it was off an other forum or google or something. Like I said without proper head shots it is impossible to tell as scrubbys have very distinctive heads, especially their head scales. I guess the rest of us will have to wait and see when these animals become available to the public.

Lovely looking animal. :)

Just so everyone is aware, i found the photo after other people had been posting it on facebook reptile pages. I didn't take it with out permission from the owner. I don't know who originally posted it, what country it is from or who the owner is. It has been made public at some point and could be on any number of forums.

Because of this and like other people have said, the photo could just be from a weird angle, and we can't get a scale count, the exact details of this snake are unknown. I posted it here to give people a look and to see what they thought.

Hamish

Mine never got their black.

1C608941-3989-4734-B8BE-70E2666D495D-7495-000008BCA4D9D1B7.jpg

20EA812F-C453-43A5-B038-00C6D5F9094C-7495-000008BCAD918D07.jpg

they are so hot,i wish i had one.

Alright people after over a year of deep thinking and searching, i have found a scrub python. He is a gorgeous yearling and has an amazing temperament. It still hasn't quite sunk in that i own a scrub python. Can't even explain how excited i am to finally have one. Heres a few photos of the new addition.
IMG_6921.jpgIMG_6922.jpgIMG_6923.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back